Inon macro lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup, I love stacking my macros!! Focus can be tricky but it's worth it!

8823P8190307_C.jpg

When I used the C5050, I love using stacked UCL 165. With one macro lens, you can move the camera a lot closer to the subject but actual magnification is not much. With 2 macro lens, you will gain quite a bit more magnification as well.
However it is pretty much impossible to autofocus at 105mm end of the C5050 so I ended up zooming in at around 80mm when I used stacked macro lenses.
Depth of field is puny with stack macro lenses but that's what make it very interesting as well.

Alcina and SSRA were kind enough to answer some PM's I had regarding stacking the 165's but does anyone else have experience with this? Everyone has something to add with their own experience, as will I shortly...hopefully. :)

I too love to stack 165s.. You get super-macro magnification without the need to get too close to the subject:

nudi_kabayana_1.jpg

nembrotha_3.jpg

These were at least 4inches from the subject.

I only have a single 165 and still need lots of practice with it. Hopefully the upcoming October trip will give me the opportunity.

Dee:
I only have a single 165 and still need lots of practice with it. Hopefully the upcoming October trip will give me the opportunity.

As well as the opportunity to stack! :wink:

Well, I'm trying out the setup underwater tomorrow....thats what counts right?

This should be interesting as I have only WAL experience and plus being the quarry...lots of stuff to shoot... :/

JTemple:
As well as the opportunity to stack! :wink:

You betcha! Another shore dive? Will we ever get on that boat?!? :D

Ok - so zooming while with macros should be OK? I am having some issues with my oly 3040 while zooming (the infinite focus will not focus!)....

bruehlt:
Ok - so zooming while with macros should be OK? I am having some issues with my oly 3040 while zooming (the infinite focus will not focus!)....

The difficulty with focusing may be due to lack of light - try using a modeling light. If you shoot at 1/250 sec or higher, you won't see a hot spot from the light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom