Inon macro lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alcina...do you have any idea why I can't get a focus lock anywhere but at 3"? This is driving me nuts!

I just got dual 165's...and have done two quarry dives with them.....

Call me simplistic, but all I did was pic a zoom level that I liked for the subject I was shooting...and moved my camera in/out until it was focused and then snap.

I used an external strobe, 1/2000, F8.0....sometimes even the lowest strobe output was too bright so I just moved the strobe farther away. I was on macro mode.... I found as others on here have noted, my zoom was at 3/4 its max for best zoom capabilities.

Dee, try and get to a pool and bring some objects with....I practiced in my room with the lenses, but it just didnt click until the quarry...and that is with limited subjects.

This subject was about the size of my pinky nail.

J

alcina:
Have you checked your zoom setting? maybe it needs to be tweaked? Oh yeah, are you stacking or using a single...I'll have a bash here...

No, haven't checked my zoom setting but will do that. Only using a single.

OK...stupid question.....where are you finding the mm info on your zoom? My problem may have somnething to do with the zoom. Hhmmmm.....

If you use my modes, you get a choice. I don't use that.

I use the little bar indicator in the screen to guesstimate where I need to be but I find the actual information in the EXIF data of the photo. Once you've got some test shots and "know" the focal length, you can apply that to guesstimating on the little bar in the lcd.

HTH...I have no idea why you aren't able to focus, but my guess is that you have too much zoom happening. The more you zoom the less your dof is going to be and you'll need to adjust your distance to subject.

Another stupid one.....where do I find the zoom position thing? You know, where I can change it from 105 to 85, etc. I found it in My Modes but can find it otherwise. Ot is there one? I don't use My Modes but I know I've set the zoom in the past.

Can you tell it's been awhile since I futzed with the settings?!?! :06:

I don't think there is anywhere else except My Modes. In all other modes you have eyeball the little bar thingie in the lcd...at least AFAIK (but don't rely on that...I just figured out how to zoom in during playback/review - doh! - so there are clearly many many things I don't know about this camera!)

Well, at least I don't feel so bad now. It would really help if I got to use mine more than just a few concentrated weeks a year! Just about the time I get it all figured out, it's time to go home to green water and bugs in the yard!

Back
Top Bottom