Inspection of failed Zoop come back as Normal!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3 years ago for my O/W course used the LDS zoop. I was in Bonaire last April and rented a Zoop from the LDS for my first night dive. In my pre-dive inspection I checked for the zoop backlit light and it was fine. Was down in 30 feet of water and tried the backlit light with no luck. Had a backup DC so dive continued. Last year bought a used Shearwater Petrel 2 and so far it has been superb. Heading back to Bonaire in a week and looking forward to doing several night dives with my Petrel 2. Cheers.

Have you actually explored the Suunto RGBM algorithm? I have.

Don't just regurgitate hearsay, check the facts yourself.

I was on the Ocean Divers Wreck trek last year with a very experienced captain and crew. As 2 divers splashed before me for their wreck dive one crewperson said to the other "those two will be back earlier than the rest, they've got Zoops". I wondered what he meant, having never heard the word before, and I splashed shortly thereafter. When I returned from my dive those two were already out of their gear.

I asked the crew person how they knew they'd be back sooner and what the heck was a Zoop? I got a thorough explanation and how they see this all the time.

Good enough for me.

I was on the Ocean Divers Wreck trek last year with a very experienced captain and crew. As 2 divers splashed before me for their wreck dive one crewperson said to the other "those two will be back earlier than the rest, they've got Zoops". I wondered what he meant, having never heard the word before, and I splashed shortly thereafter. When I returned from my dive those two were already out of their gear.

I asked the crew person how they knew they'd be back sooner and what the heck was a Zoop? I got a thorough explanation and how they see this all the time.

Good enough for me.
Iow, hearsay. Gotcha.

I have 3 suunto computers. I have a Vyper for 15 years and have never had a problem. My son and daughter each had a Zoop computer and last year when diving they both read 150 ft upon entering the water. I contacted Suunto upon arriving home from the dive trip and was told the sensors are bad and not repairable. I was able to contact a certified service center and they were able to get me new ZOOP NOVO (x2) as replacements under warranty. We have used them once so far (children only dive once per year) and they worked flawlessly. Apparently depth sensor failure is common with Suunto computers. I am unsure if I will purchase Suunto computers again when new computers are needed.

Iow, hearsay. Gotcha.

They have a special device that makes Suunto owners breathe harder and run OOG faster. All boats in Florida are legally required to have one on board -- but only in Florida.

They have a special device that makes Suunto owners breathe harder and run OOG faster. All boats in Florida are legally required to have one on board -- but only in Florida.
It's expensive, too.

They have a special device that makes Suunto owners breathe harder and run OOG faster.
Apparently, those devices aren't sold here on the east side of the pond

Yeah there's nothing to be learned from listening to experienced crewmembers
Yeah, and my AOW instructor gave us the story of how his buddy was so narked he tried to donate gas to a passing fish. He isn't the only "experienced" instructor who has told that tale...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom