International Pier Plaza

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like it's the typical cruise ship fare. Senior Frogs and so forth. I was hoping that there would be some quality restaurants because of the hotels in the area.

I'm looking for some additional lunch options close to Blue Angel. I know they have a good in house restaurant, but would like some variety.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the input.

PH

According to this, there are 3? Basic Info for Cozumel Cruise Passengers

Punta Langosta near Senor Frog's

The International Pier 1.5 miles south of town

Puerta Maya another half mile south of the International Pier - with the Disneyesque artifical "Little Cozumel" Carnival Cruise lines has created.
Is Puerta Maya really a half mile from the International Pier? They seem closer...??

Punta Langosta?? Lobster pier?? I was never very good at spanish.

anyway, that is where I exited my pod for the day. I know this because we walked through Senior Frogs on our way around the area. We also snorkeled down toward the international pier at a snorkeling/DSD place with a nifty little taco stand/bar right at their beach. Google Earth tells me it's "Sand Dollar Sports Beach" We had great fun snorkeling (which got me to take the OW class back at home) and then eating chips, guac, enchiladas, sodas and beers for an hour or so. Pricey place though as all that food for the four of us cost me nearly $20, plus tip. Would have been double back here in the cold place.
Lobster Point, yeah - perhaps a name from before development? Senor Frog's may have other stores at the other piers tho? :idk:

Sounds like it's the typical cruise ship fare. Senior Frogs and so forth. I was hoping that there would be some quality restaurants because of the hotels in the area.

I'm looking for some additional lunch options close to Blue Angel. I know they have a good in house restaurant, but would like some variety.

Any suggestions?
Yeah, La Hatch across from Villablanca. There is one in the garden at Villablanca but not a real competitor. Hogtown Cafe is not even close to quality. There was a little Mexican cafe just south of Hogtown next to the OXXO, but google street view shows it vacant, if that's a recent picture - and it was a convenient place for lunch while staying at VB, not worth hiking to from BA.

and yet another cruise ship passenger who ends up back at Cozumel as a diver...

Us too. Our first visit to Cozumel was on a cruise. We loved it so much we planned another cruise so we could come back and snorkel. But then I got this silly idea to dive and we canceled the cruise and spent a week diving. We'll still cruise though. The diving part of the land vacation was great, but I don't really love land vacations.

Punta Langosta?? Lobster pier??

Lobster Point actually, (Punta Sur=South Point; Punta Norte=North Point). but yes, that is the name of the downtown cruise ship pier.

---------- Post added January 23rd, 2014 at 09:57 AM ----------

Yeah, La Hatch across from Villablanca...

Our new "go to" stop. They are open late, have good food & service, take out and $1 tacos on Wednesdays!

Punta Langosta predates cruises to the island. There are some old pictures of a small shack with a sign at Punta Langosta. In this case, the pier is named after the place rather than the other way around.

Many of the island's dive sites are named after features on the shore used as aids in locating the site. Many of those features are long-gone (the French woman's house, the cedar, etc.) but the names persist.

In actual fact there were cruise ships stopping in Cozumel when I first visited in March of 95. I remember at least 2 being at the International pier that week plus one US Coast Guard ship.

pic042.jpg

I bet you only eat on the ship too!:D

Nope, we ate at the local joint "under" the sand dollar "office." And we ate off of a street vendor down by the pier, and we bought some local crafts, and supplies at the local pharma.

Unfortunately, I almost gave us pod people a good reputation. . .

See you in Coz this June if Uncle Sam is not too greedy this year,
Jerry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom