International Pier Plaza

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In actual fact there were cruise ships stopping in Cozumel when I first visited in March of 95.

Sure. My wife first visited by ship (the Texas Clipper, so not really a commercial cruise ship, but there were likely cruise ships there) in 1980. Punta Langosta is older than that.

Punta Langosta was built in 97-98.
That location has been called Punta Langosta for far longer than that. When I first stated going to Cozumel there was a functioning lighthouse there, and it was called the Punta Langosta lighthouse.

Punta Langosta was built in 97-98.
It wasn't there AFAIK when I first went to Cozumel in 2001.

"Cozumel´s premiere pier mall, Punta Langosta is located in downtown San Miguel and was inaugurated in Jan 2002."
http://www.eagleraydivers.com/dive-sites.htm

That's the mall they are talking about. I have photos of it well under construction in Feb of 98. First time I saw a cement truck on the island.

Makes sense that it took 4 years to build in Mexico :)

I don't remember it until my second trip (July 2002), when I was sorely disappointed to find out what they did to Carlos & Charlie's.

Makes sense that it took 4 years to build in Mexico :)
They seem to build a story or two of some concrete structures, then leave re-bar sticking up in case they can build higher.

Don I asked about that long ago & it's a tax loop hole. Unfinished property is taxed at a lower rate thus make it look like you still need to add more above once you have the money.

Don I asked about that long ago & it's a tax loop hole. Unfinished property is taxed at a lower rate thus make it look like you still need to add more above once you have the money.
:facepalm: Crappy way to save a Peso.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom