International Pier Plaza

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PARADISE HUNTER

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm curious what the current scene is around the International Pier. When I was last there, I recall they had the shops on the ocean side of the road for the cruisers and the No Name Bar had opened a second location across the street (which was slow at the time). But I can't recall much else.

Are there any nice restaurants or bars down there? I was wondering if it is worth the time to go down there for dinner or drinks.

Thanks,

PH

Everything there must be aimed at pod people, so I couldn't expect anything good.

There was some new development a year or two ago but mostly retail...diamonds and the like. Some clothing. Restaurants are kind of wasted on cruisers who generally prefer to eat for free on the boat.
I'm curious what the current scene is around the International Pier. When I was last there, I recall they had the shops on the ocean side of the road for the cruisers and the No Name Bar had opened a second location across the street (which was slow at the time). But I can't recall much else.

Are there any nice restaurants or bars down there? I was wondering if it is worth the time to go down there for dinner or drinks.

Thanks,

PH

So, being a pod person at least on one occasion, There are two piers in Coz, which one are we talking about here? If you stand on the main street in between the two piers somewhere and look at the water the one right is where my master-pod-delivery-device docked. Is that the "international" pier or is it the one to the left?

Cheers,
Jerry "The Pod Man" Bark

So, being a pod person at least on one occasion, There are two piers in Coz, which one are we talking about here? If you stand on the main street in between the two piers somewhere and look at the water the one right is where my master-pod-delivery-device docked. Is that the "international" pier or is it the one to the left?
Actually, there are three. Puerta Maya, the third, is where the development is.

I doubt it's worth a trip, but from the puertamaya.com website:

On-site dining options within the Puerta Maya complex include the Tres Amigos Bar, a new theme restaurant inspired by the 1986 hit movie starring Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin Short. The waterfront eatery – the first of its kind in the Caribbean – offers traditional Mexican fare, along with an extensive beverage menu.
Also featured is Pancho’s Backyard, a new franchise from the popular downtown Cozumel eatery featuring magnificent ocean views, as well as Fat Tuesday, a waterfront bar offering frozen drinks and light snacks, along with a DJ and dance floor.

According to this, there are 3? Basic Info for Cozumel Cruise Passengers

Punta Langosta near Senor Frog's

The International Pier 1.5 miles south of town

Puerta Maya another half mile south of the International Pier - with the Disneyesque artifical "Little Cozumel" Carnival Cruise lines has created.

The shopping village at the International Pier requires ID from a cruise to enter or you can sign in at one security station to get to Dive with Martin's shop.Here's some of what's there.

IMG_5484.jpg

IMG_5485.jpg

IMG_5478.jpg

There is also a shopping village at Puerto Maya which I think is strictly for cruisers. From past visits the majority of the stores are operated by stores in the downtown core.

According to this, there are 3? Basic Info for Cozumel Cruise Passengers

Punta Langosta near Senor Frog's

The International Pier 1.5 miles south of town

Puerta Maya another half mile south of the International Pier - with the Disneyesque artifical "Little Cozumel" Carnival Cruise lines has created.

Punta Langosta?? Lobster pier?? I was never very good at spanish.

anyway, that is where I exited my pod for the day. I know this because we walked through Senior Frogs on our way around the area. We also snorkeled down toward the international pier at a snorkeling/DSD place with a nifty little taco stand/bar right at their beach. Google Earth tells me it's "Sand Dollar Sports Beach" We had great fun snorkeling (which got me to take the OW class back at home) and then eating chips, guac, enchiladas, sodas and beers for an hour or so. Pricey place though as all that food for the four of us cost me nearly $20, plus tip. Would have been double back here in the cold place.

Cheers
Jerry

Punta Langosta?? Lobster pier?? I was never very good at spanish.

anyway, that is where I exited my pod for the day. I know this because we walked through Senior Frogs on our way around the area. We also snorkeled down toward the international pier at a snorkeling/DSD place with a nifty little taco stand/bar right at their beach. Google Earth tells me it's "Sand Dollar Sports Beach" We had great fun snorkeling (which got me to take the OW class back at home) and then eating chips, guac, enchiladas, sodas and beers for an hour or so. Pricey place though as all that food for the four of us cost me nearly $20, plus tip. Would have been double back here in the cold place.

Cheers
Jerry

and yet another cruise ship passenger who ends up back at Cozumel as a diver...

don't tell MMM about this, she won't like finding out how many of us actually created so much of Cozumel's dive industry as a result of visiting Cozumel for the 1st time on a cruise ship:eyebrow:

I bet you only eat on the ship too!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom