Invasion Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this to, but we made our deposit this morning.

We had too much fun last year to pass this by.

Duke, Judy, Terri, Pierce, Sarah and Nigel (The Harris Clan from Illinois)

This is definitely the right place to post and I will add your party to the crew list on Friday.

On another note Dive team #1 now has 7 of 8 members returning this year because we know how to FOKUS. :banana:

My pleasant e-mail to United/Continental's customer service:

I am extremely vexed by your current airfare costs. Ex: If I leave from ATL to CZM, through IAH the cost of the ticket is $658/per. on the dates of June 29-July 7, 2012. On the exact same date flying from IAH to CZM is $676/per and the distance (there for gas used to transport that person and baggage) is less than half. If this is the case then what normal, logical, person would come to the conclusion to have a trip that is half the distance be more expensive than the trip that is 2X as long? I have been to Cozumel for the past 10 years straight on nearly the same dates and have NEVER seen the price of a ticket even reach $350/per. Please spare me the "futures" predictions of fuel cost response that only a plebe would recognize as an adequate answer. Excluding that excuse, that I am sure will be used, what other explanation does your airline have for this? Could I merely be pointing out an oversight on the airlines part or is this deliberate since United took over Continental. I am wondering if my FF miles will even be able to be used on these flights since, appearantly, they are the hottest tickets on the planet. Atleast according the cost you are charging for the same ticket that last year cost approximately $200/per.
Thank you for your time

I am extremely vexed by your current airfare costs. Ex: If I leave from ATL to CZM, through IAH the cost of the ticket is $658/per. on the dates of June 29-July 7, 2012. On the exact same date flying from IAH to CZM is $676/per and the distance (there for gas used to transport that person and baggage) is less than half. If this is the case then what normal, logical, person would come to the conclusion to have a trip that is half the distance be more expensive than the trip that is 2X as long? I have been to Cozumel for the past 10 years straight on nearly the same dates and have NEVER seen the price of a ticket even reach $350/per. Please spare me the "futures" predictions of fuel cost response that only a plebe would recognize as an adequate answer. Excluding that excuse, that I am sure will be used, what other explanation does your airline have for this? Could I merely be pointing out an oversight on the airlines part or is this deliberate since United took over Continental. I am wondering if my FF miles will even be able to be used on these flights since, appearantly, they are the hottest tickets on the planet. Atleast according the cost you are charging for the same ticket that last year cost approximately $200/per.
Thank you for your time
Whatever reply they give it will be BS.

SB should have it's own plane. :D

Hey Pete are you listening? Oh, BTW, you should keep it in Atlanta because of it's central access for the majority of SB'ers. We could gather in Atlanta and fly away to lots of cool places. (I'm guessing Pete will raise the SB Supporter fee a little higher than $39.95)

Thank you for your time

I think it is a simply matter of supply and demand. Those of us who live in and around Houston are spoiled to hopping on a plane to 'tropical' destinations; therefore they make us pay for that privilege!

HOWEVER, I AGREE IT SUCKS FOR US TO PAY MORE THAN SOMEONE TRAVELING FROM ATLANTA!
bash.gif

I think it is a simply matter of supply and demand. Those of us who live in and around Houston are spoiled to hopping on a plane to 'tropical' destinations; therefore they make us pay for that privilege!

HOWEVER, I AGREE IT SUCKS FOR US TO PAY MORE THAN SOMEONE TRAVELING FROM ATLANTA!
bash.gif

To add to the discussion, when I priced tickets from Indianapolis to CZM during that time frame, they were roughly the same price ($650-700) whether I flew through Atlanta or Houston. Wrap your brain around that one.

To add to the discussion, when I priced tickets from Indianapolis to CZM during that time frame, they were roughly the same price ($650-700) whether I flew through Atlanta or Houston. Wrap your brain around that one.

As a source of further confusion over how the airlines determine the airfare to Cozumel, today I could lock in my airfare from Chicago for $498 round trip. I am going to wait a bit and see if it cahnges at all.

This is definitely the right place to post and I will add your party to the crew list on Friday.

On another note Dive team #1 now has 7 of 8 members returning this year because we know how to FOKUS. :banana:

So who are we missing from Dive Team #1 (and why????).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom