Is it really cheating?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is no understanding about your companion opinion. Its not so bad, you should find a way to work it out. It is crazy to ruin a relationship because one likes to dive and the other doesn't.

I liked the stuff with husband/boyfriend and the leopard print....

Ask your nondiver companion to post a reply here. So we will get both sides of the story. Might be very interesting to see how they feel about it. (This is not a joke but if you want it might just become one, hehe..)

VV

Hi folks,

For all you gentlemen out there who have non-diving S/O's, just make sure she has a nice comfy lounge chair, some sunscreen or a big hat, a good book and an tall, cold, refreshing drink and make her your SHORE MASTER.

That way, she is still included in your activity and she gets a chance to put her feet up and relax. An added bonus to this is you don't have to worry about your gear being stolen.

Disclaimer: This is only really effective if you are doing shore diving of some sort.

Cheers,

If you keep doing what your doing by lying and sneakin around, she eventually is going to think you ARE cheating with another woman and its possible when you tell her youve really been diving she isnt going to believe you, (just a thought) but I could be wrong!

This guy has been having a very lustful affair with his unmarried secretary. One day they just can't wait any longer and head off to her house in the afternoon. After a very vigorous afternoon they both fall asleep, and when they wake up it's late at night.

He tells his secretary "Quick, run downstairs and rub my shoes around in the grass, while I get dressed."
Being a good employee, she complies.

When he gets home, his wife is waiting up for him. He looks down at the floor and says with great regret in his voice, "I'm sorry, honey. I've been having an affair with my secretary for the past six months, and I spend this evening making love to her."

His wife looks down at his dirty shoes and says "You lying #$%&%@@! You've been out playing golf!"

I'll tell you my little story on this issue:

The second time my boyfriend/husband and I had a date, we were supposed to meet in the evening at my place. I was very late (9pm) due to some problems with the diving. However I met him in the doorway fearing I've stood him up as he was late! :D His excuse was a gliderplane landing away from the airfield (very common and mostly undramatic for the gliders. So I guess that sort of set some reasonable limits (or lack of same) for pursuing our seperate interests.

What's your story?

:bonk: I found you don't have to lie or sneak around, just present your case correctly. I always ask my wife to come along on all non-working dives I do.

Examples:
  • Dear, we are going to dive Mark 15.5 rebreathers today. They can kill you in a second if you make one mistake, would you like to come along?
  • Honey, we are diving in shark infested waters today. We have one spot open, would you like to come along?
  • Wow, if we rush, we can get a spot on the dive trip. Lets go - Oh, seas are about 15' with wind gusts of 100 mph - want to come?

Works every time!

I was beginning to think I might have to sneak off to go diving because I couldn't get my husband to go with me! He says it's too hard to take the time off work (he's self-employed). We haven't been diving for 2 years and it is driving me nuts!!!

I kept bugging him about it and he finally told me that if I want to go diving to go without him. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!! That was mighty nice and trusting of him but how do I go diving by myself? I'd need to find a group to go with I guess, any suggestions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom