• Yes, start a Non DIR Forum

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • No, leave things as they are!

Votes: 32 25.4%
  • It really does not matter.

Votes: 24 19.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I vote a separate DIR Forum as well and agree, its getting old listening to a guy get bashed for choosing an AIR2, Mares regulator, computer, bungee wing, jacket BC, and non Apek's or SP reg.

Let the DIR-ers chat in their own little Mecca and non DIR-ers chat in their own area.

I once recall a member (no names) whom was lambasted who dared say he didn't like his BP and wing and went back to his jacket BC. 'Nuff said?

Just my $ .02

Being a new diver I think that the board should remain the way it is. Let everyone voice an opinion on a given topic. I had no idea what DIR was before I found Scubaboard. I'm not DIR but after reading so much about it on this board and on others I feel that I have learned alot.

After diving with a jacket style BC and setting up my gear the way I was taught in my OW class, I can say I like alot of the DIR ideas in gear configuration. I definitly like the idea of my octo in a necklace around my neck instead of hanging off a clip or worse yet dragging in the sand. I have also switched to a BP/wing. I like it so much better.

I have also gotten alot of advise from DIR divers. Not one ever asked me if I was DIR, nor did they say that they wouldn't give me advise if I wasn't "ONE OF THEM". That's not to say that non DIR divers don't have helpful info or years of experience that new divers like myself can go to foe advice or opinions. And yeah we all know about opinions.

In the short amount of time that I have been on this board it seems to me that it's not the DIR divers with the complaints its the non DIR divers more. And as I stated earlier I am NOT a DIR diver. I just borrowed some of their gear configs. This is my opinion sorry if people don't agree with it.

But more importantly I would like to thank the DIR guys/gals as well as the non DIR guys/gals for their differences in gear configurations and equipment. If it wasn't for your differences and arguments on posts I've read I might not have known I had sooo many good choices and be able to decide for myself what will work best for me.

:D :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom