Is there a technique to banging on a tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't want to surface
I want to bang on my tank all day
I don't want to do deco
I just want to bang on my tank all day
Ever since I was a tiny boy
I don't want to snorkel
I don't need to free dive
I took scuba and got an old tank
I bang on that thing 'til I blow
bubbles over my head
I can bang on that tank
Hey you want to a bang at it?
I can do this all day

Apologizes to Todd Rundgren

You can get a rattle or if you want to ring your tank with your muck stick as you wished to know...hit it on the bottom edge of your tank with some force.
My last banger got broke. I will replace it even though i can get a pretty good ring out of my tank. I like to know I can get others attention if I need assistance or see something that others should know about.

A friend learned the hard way not use a torchlight to bang the tank... it flooded right after that!

On the last liveaboard I did with my wife, she pulled out the "You're an instructor!!" card at me when she was complaining that I'm a terrible buddy. Apparently not being within arms reach was bad. We were diving with a group, and I wasn't that far away, but for her it was too far.

Funny thing though, I've had so many other people (usually other diver's wives) tell me that I'm an awesome buddy. My wife is the only person to ever tell me I'm not a good buddy. After that trip I remembered why I strongly prefer solo diving.
It seems rather unlikely, but we appear to be married to the same lady. :eek:

It seems that many of us have the same wife.
Ha! Busy lady. It is a wonder she has any time to go diving!

It’s all she does, is go diving with her inattentive husbands...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom