is there good diving in Costa Rica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funkyspelunker:
How is renting a car/jeep in Playa del Coco? Also, I was wondering, is PDC a big'ish town? Is there decent shopping for bikinis there, and bars, etc. Or is it a block long beach town with one corner store?

Fairly easy, you'll probably find a couple car rentals nearby PDC, they mostly rent double-cab 4x4 trucks or SUV's or just mid-size cars. PDC has continued to grow tremendously in the last few yrs. you will find several places to shop for bikins, many bars and various stores including two supermarkets and I believe even a small 'mall'. Plenty of restaurants and night life too. PDC is a really fun town, lots of touristy souvenir shops...
Hope you have a great time in Costa Rica...Pura Vida!

funkyspelunker:
How is renting a car/jeep in Playa del Coco? Also, I was wondering, is PDC a big'ish town? Is there decent shopping for bikinis there, and bars, etc. Or is it a block long beach town with one corner store?

You won't have much luck renting a vehicle in PDC unless there has been some radical changes. I usually rent in San Jose & drive up to Guanecaste. PDC was /is a quite little beach town, my wife is a Tica & spent alot of time there as a little girl. In the last 13 years it has changed alot (getting busier & dirtier). You'll find a few typical Tico bars, some restaurants, an internet cafe, you can buy swimware & goodies there in several shops. I still remember my first visit when a whole troop of Howler monkeys raided down mainstreet.
We are in Costa Rica ever two years and always come back to PDC to dive with Rich Coast Diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom