James Bond dead. Sad day Sean Connery RIP.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me, Pierce Brosnan captured the essence of the bond character the best. Loved his persona and performance. Too bad his films are firmly planted in 90s camp - with the exception of GoldenEye which is my favorite even I have to admit Brosnan's flicks do not rank among the best of the Bond films.

The Bond you like reflects the age you are.

The Bond you like reflects the age you are.
So, when I think that the first and the last Bond, Connery and Craig, were the only two real Bonds, what does that say about my age?

For me, Pierce Brosnan captured the essence of the bond character the best. Loved his persona and performance. Too bad his films are firmly planted in 90s camp - with the exception of GoldenEye which is my favorite even I have to admit Brosnan's flicks do not rank among the best of the Bond films.

I would put him at a very close 2. The issues with his bond movies as you said wasn't the acting but the script etc.

Sean was and will always be 007

Sean was and will always be 007
Absolutely. But Daniel brought the Bond character back towards the Bond of Ian Fleming's original books. The decline started already with Roger Moore (stay with The Saint, Roger!) and only got worse until Daniel Craig entered the scene.

Absolutely. But Daniel brought the Bond character back towards the Bond of Ian Fleming's original books. The decline started already with Roger Moore (stay with The Saint, Roger!) and only got worse until Daniel Craig entered the scene.

The writers in Daniels that I saw returned it to the closer to the original..... however he was lacking the suave factor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom