Jet fin for Tiny Feet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rescuediverrn

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It seems that the scubapro jet fins are out for me since they smallest size they make is med and that's fits a size 7-8 foot. I wear a 5. Any suggestions on alternatives? I imagine it would be much the same with the Aqualung one size fits all design.

What do you use for a boot? Some boots with nice sturdy soles can require a step up in fin size. Seasoft Stealth and a Mares model come to mind. Bare Ice may be another.

Pete

I use chuck taylor converse tennis shoes when I am diving a wesuit. This allows me to use the same fin that I use with my drysuit. They are also the most comfortable dive bootie I have ever tried as well as cheap.

I do dive a hard sole bootie most of the time but I also have soft sole booties for off a boat so I would prefer something that would be good for both. The hard sole booties are xcel 6.5mm and are comparable to a seasports titanium

I'm a size 6 and wear a large jet fin with 5mm wetsuit boots, the medium was too small. Try on the medium you might find they fit. The SP sizing recommendations are a little off IMO.

M and L size jetfin foot pockets are extremely small. I am US men size 8. In 5mm wetsuit or turbo sole type of drysuit boot, I need XL jetfins. With no boots, I think L will be OK. I think you should be fine with M or even L.

Ok I have to get new booties because mine have air conditioning now:wink:. Part of the life of an OWSI in Hawaii who works mostly from shore. So I will try the new boot with the fins.

All the people I know who have a size 6-8 bootie wear Large Jet fins. Including me.
Med will fit you, I'm sure of it, as long as your bootie has at minimum a soft rubber sole that wraps a little around the sides. If you have a hard rubber sole, I'll guarantee you'll fit it snugly.

I use a soft sole 7 scubaboot with my medium jets when diving wet. I also wear a soft sole number 9 over my drysuit socks with the same medium fins. The best is always to fit a couple of options to find the right fit for your needs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom