Just Conversation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a greater problem than trying to figure out where to dive. my problem is WHEN! The best day(s) for me would be March 23-24. I have to be in Knoxville March 24th (evening). We can dive that day, but not late. Mon-Tues kind of shoots in the foot the chance for divers that HAVE to work that day.

Although maybe you can convince those working to just pay for the gear so that they'll get part of the fun anyway! :eyebrow: Kind of like, "Here eat this chocolate cake for me; I'm on a diet." I'm just FULL of good ideas.

I know, you're thinking, "You're full of something all right, but it ain't ideas!" Don't say it!

Originally, I wanted to dive on Sat. 21st, but I had to alter plans a little. I fly into Nashville at 11:10am. Depending on how far south you want to go, I am game for diving Sat, but if we drive all the way to the Gulf, it will have to be a night dive! :wink:

What town/city do you live in/near Denise? PM me if you don't want to to put it in the thread! :D

I have a greater problem than trying to figure out where to dive. my problem is WHEN! The best day(s) for me would be March 23-24. I have to be in Knoxville March 24th (evening). We can dive that day, but not late. Mon-Tues kind of shoots in the foot the chance for divers that HAVE to work that day.

What town/city do you live in/near Denise? PM me if you don't want to to put it in the thread! :D

Okay, first of all, gear won't be a problem if you are willing to dive in a wetsuit. My son and his friend probably wouldn't be diving so between the two of them I have men's wetsuits, core warmers, bc, 2 sets of regs, gauges or an extra computer, 2 air and 4 nitrox AL80's. As far as diving Mon or Tues, I don't have a problem with that but the only quarry that I am familiar with in Pelham is closed except for Saturdays right now and it might be hard to get a charter out on a weekday in the Gulf and because it is unpredictable shore diving may be out also. That leaves the Springs which are always open. The problem with that is that would be a very long drive for you. It sounds like your best bet would be to drive down on Saturday and spend the night and dive Sunday. Pelham would be the closest for you (right out of Bham) so that you wouldn't have to drive an extra 4 or 5 hours to get to the Gulf. I live 2 hours North of the Gulf and 3 hours South of the quarry in Pelham which may be open on Sunday by March. Does anyone know?

OkAs far as diving Mon or Tues, I don't have a problem with that but the only quarry that I am familiar with in Pelham is closed except for Saturdays right now and it might be hard to get a charter out on a weekday in the

[snip]

quarry in Pelham which may be open on Sunday by March. Does anyone know?

These are the Pelham "winter" hours that Wayne recently released. They likely aren't going to change again until about April based on what he's done in past years.

Winter days and hours of operation-
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday (10am to sunset)
Saturday (9am to sunset)
Sunday, Monday & Tuesday (closed)​

These are the Pelham "winter" hours that Wayne recently released. They likely aren't going to change again until about April based on what he's done in past years.

Winter days and hours of operation-
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday (10am to sunset)
Saturday (9am to sunset)
Sunday, Monday & Tuesday (closed)
That blows that plan out of the water...literally :shakehead:

Come on Siber_M think....come up with a plan...I need to meet and dive with a kindred spirit...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom