Just curious ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
... why a new diver asking about a backplate/wing in the New Diver's forum got moved to the Advanced Diver's forum?

Gear does not define a person's experience, and a beginner diver in a Backplate/Wing is still a beginner diver.

Please keep in mind that ... (a) this was a specific request for information ... not someone "pushing" BP/W on a poor unsuspecting newb, and (b) a BP/W is a legitimate choice for new divers who choose to dive that way.

Seems to be a bit a political statement being made here by whatever staff member made this decision ... has Halemano been made a moderator?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

+1

Seems this is a New Diver or a Basic discussion, not advanced.

... why a new diver asking about a backplate/wing in the New Diver's forum got moved to the Advanced Diver's forum?

Can you provide a link to the thread? The one that I *thought* you were referring to has not been moved.

+1

Seems this is a New Diver or a Basic discussion, not advanced.

As far as I can tell, the OP made the choice to put it in the Advanced Forum.

Hmmmm ... I could've sworn that was in New Divers earlier this morning, when I responded to it. That's why my response was framed as it was.

I've been known to be wrong before, though ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hmmmm ... I could've sworn that was in New Divers earlier this morning, when I responded to it. That's why my response was framed as it was.

I've been known to be wrong before, though ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Dunno. When I first saw that thread your response was already there and it was in the Advanced Forum. I don't see any evidence that it originated elsewhere. Still a great response though. :thumb:

Seems to be a bit a political statement being made here by whatever staff member made this decision
Bob, methinks you have been spending too much time in the Pub with the conspiracy theorists. :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

More often than not, a thread move is accompanied by a mod post (confession?) to that effect. We can and have forgotten to place those, but for the most part, we do a pretty consistent job. However, if you or anyone feels a thread has been mismanaged, please feel free to post here (as you have done) or send an email to abuse@scubaboard.com for me to look at it.

Bob, methinks you have been spending too much time in the Pub with the conspiracy theorists. :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Could be ... you know what happens to folks who spend too much time in a Pub ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom