Keep an eye on this one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait, I know that guy!!! Didn't he used to post here? "The island will be CUT OFF...." I miss that guy a little... ok, very little..... hehe.....
I don't think this guy is a diver... but then again, he could Google it.

Hahah! But the guy on the MX travel forum is an idiot!! Which site?
It's actually a decent site and I don't want to make them look bad. One of their staff members who lives in their has posted, as have people vacationing in the area, all saying it's business as usual, just a little drizzle and the water's choppy.

It can be amusing, sadly so, what people believe just because they read it online and the person it's coming from can sound like they know something...

Did they just close it? I didn't hear it! My divers are in the water, so I guess they won't be doing the second dive!

---------- Post Merged at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:51 AM ----------

SOME flights into Cozumel and Cancun have been cancelled for today as a precautionary measure. Flights should resume normal schedules tomorrow.

The ferries will also close this afternoon for the evening. The last ferry today from PDC to CZM is at 2pm, the last ferry form CZM to PDC today is 4pm. They will resume normal schedule tomorrow sometime, first ferry has not been determined yet.

As of 11:15 am - cloudy, but no rain at the moment and light wind.

Last edited:
Oh, Christi, you should know after all these years, you just live there. That doesn't make you the expert on what's actually going on or give you any experience to have these opinions. :D When it comes to tropical systems, the real experts are the people thousands of miles away Googling for updates. :wink:
So do you mind if us peon tourists ask questions or offer other information...?

SOME flights into Cozumel and Cancun have been cancelled for today as a precautionary measure. Flights should resume normal schedules tomorrow.

The ferries will also close this afternoon for the evening. The last ferry today from PDC to CZM is at 2pm, the last ferry form CZM to PDC today is 4pm. They will resume normal schedule tomorrow sometime, first ferry has not been determined yet.

As of 11:15 am - cloudy, but no rain at the moment and light wind.
Thanks for the info. Always appreciate your local views.

I see United is allowing free changes or refunds for a few days. The storm does seem to be aiming to land south of Tulum still, and not yet to hurricane strength. He has been a confusing one.

So do you mind if us peon tourists ask questions or offer other information...?

Thanks for the info. Always appreciate your local views.

I see United is allowing free changes or refunds for a few days. The storm does seem to be aiming to land south of Tulum still, and not yet to hurricane strength. He has been a confusing one.
Geez, Don. Lighten up. I didn't jump on anyone or call out any specific posts. Just made a comment in humor (in case you didn't notice the smiley facees...) All of us who don't live there are tourists, so why make that a negative thing?

United and American flights are coming in. US Air has cancelled flights.

As of right now, looks like any normal cloudy day in Cozumel - drizzling just a little, but expecting a squall in an hour or two with a heavy band passing - but shouldn't last long!

Going out to take some photos now :)

Geez, Don. Lighten up. I didn't jump on anyone or call out any specific posts. Just made a comment in humor (in case you didn't notice the smiley facees...) All of us who don't live there are tourists, so why make that a negative thing?

I'm not an expert either but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express the other night..:cool2:

I'm not an expert either but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express the other night..:cool2:
Well you know, there is one in Playa, and a lot flights are still going today to Cancun as scheduled... well maybe with a delay, depending on departure time. You could head down and do some real storm watching. :grinbandit:

Back
Top Bottom