Key Largo - Looking for Seasoned diver thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'll be diving every morning Sunday, June 18th thru Friday, June 23rd. Most of us are diving the Spiegel Grove on Thursday, but a few are not advanced and will be staying shallow. Your bride might be comfortable enough by Thursday to hang with them while you come dive the Spiegel with us if you'd like. Then again...she may find us totally obnoxious and make you stay by her side :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

If you're diving with RR, take advantage of the packages the shop offers. A few weeks ago, I stayed at the Key West Inn which is on the other side of the shop and paid about half the rack rate if I had called the hotel directly. It's not as nice as the Courtyard, but with the RR package it's cheap and the rooms are big. RR's Courtyard package is also pretty good, but that hotel is still on the expensive side, even with the discount. I only stay there when I can use points. Enjoy the trip

We'll be diving every morning Sunday, June 18th thru Friday, June 23rd. Most of us are diving the Spiegel Grove on Thursday, but a few are not advanced and will be staying shallow. Your bride might be comfortable enough by Thursday to hang with them while you come dive the Spiegel with us if you'd like. Then again...she may find us totally obnoxious and make you stay by her side :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
Ha. I can already tell we'll get along. :)

I'll talk to her about it and see what she thinks. We'll only be diving three days, I think. Tue-Thu. So we may go out for one or two of the afternoon trips. If there is somebody that she feels comfortable diving with, she'll be happy to stay shallow.

A few of us really want to go and dive the Christ Statue one afternoon...REALLY shallow!

A few of us really want to go and dive the Christ Statue one afternoon...REALLY shallow!
I was thinking of trying to do the same thing. Let's definitely keep in touch. What all do we have to do to hang out with the Cajuns? :wink:

Great timing for this thread. I was going to start something similar for food recommendations (thanks @The Chairman for the ideas in this thread) as I'll be there the week after Memorial Day and am booked with RR.

For those who do the morning and afternoon trips with them, what's the usual m.o. for lunch in between? I was thinking of getting a sandwich packed from whichever place I had dinner the night before.

what's the usual m.o. for lunch in between? I
There's a Subway really close in the Divers Direct plaza and I believe they take orders during the weekend and have them delivered to Rainbow Reef.

What all do we have to do to hang out with the Cajuns? :wink:

Basically, you just show up and have a good time! If you want to send me a private message I can make sure you are taken care of...I'm the trip leader :) Or you can send me an e-mail: info@aquadivetravel.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom