Kicked out of Nitrox Class!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you missed something in there....i just picked a million. it could have been 50. Whatever the number is...I wasn't talking about flooding the market with more widgets than can be consumed in a year. I was talking about meeting the demand, whatever that demand is. Assuming the demand for YOUR product is 1M/year, and you can produce 1M/year, then why should you care who is selling your units, as long as the sum total sold is 1M/year.

Nope... they build to meet an *anticipated* demand and projected market share... or the build to meet marketing stategy goals... true demand is unknown and subject both to consumer whim.

By the way Nude-Dude... I love yer' profile pic... and the accompanying text is pretty worthy too...

By the way Nude-Dude... I love yer' profile pic... and the accompanying text is pretty worthy too...

Nope... they build to meet an *anticipated* demand and projected market share... or the build to meet marketing stategy goals... true demand is unknown and subject both to consumer whim.
Of course - but these companies have whole teams of people involved in forecasting demand, and they do a pretty good job much of the time too.

Of course - but these companies have whole teams of people involved in forecasting demand, and they do a pretty good job much of the time too.

Oh-oh... we seem to have reached a point coelescence... does this mean we have to stop now???:rofl3::rofl3:

You can participate in a lame and less discussion about who is #1 in college football, and how the BCS works.

Come on over :)

Thanks... but if I get hooked into another silly blog site my wife might seriously consider trading me in on a dog...

Wow, this thread, spanning several years, just goes to show how long a bunch of people can drag out a bunch of useless anonymous discussion and personal opinion about random crap that has absolutely no real, valid information backing it up. This should be the first thing you see when you log on, it would set the tone for the rest of the board....:rofl3: It would go right before such great topics as:

"how air integrated gauges WILL kill you without backups"

"how anything other than a tech rig WILL kill you"

"how split fins will cause you to get drowned in a current or tangled in a wreck"

"How diving hoseless WILL kill you"

"How you need to carry two of absolutely everything"

Did I miss any? :rofl3:

Wow, this thread, spanning several years, just goes to show how long a bunch of people can drag out a bunch of useless anonymous discussion and personal opinion about random crap that has absolutely no real, valid information backing it up. This should be the first thing you see when you log on, it would set the tone for the rest of the board....:rofl3: It would go right before such great topics as:

"how air integrated gauges WILL kill you without backups"

"how anything other than a tech rig WILL kill you"

"how split fins will cause you to get drowned in a current or tangled in a wreck"

"How diving hoseless WILL kill you"

"How you need to carry two of absolutely everything"

Did I miss any? :rofl3:

You forgot:

"How LED lights aren't nearly strong enough for anything."

"How 10w can lights are worthless."

"How HID bulbs will break if you breath on them."

"How <insert product here> will fail."

"How PADI will kill you."

"How <the newest thing> will kill you."

Status
Not open for further replies.