Kind of a neat milestone.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter,

Wacha got, Fred Flintstone?

Joewr

TM,

That is one serious strobe!! I never really noticed it before. I got my cert through the LDS which is named Dolphin dive Center and just assumed they had a customized card until this thread yesterday mentioned others having the dolphin also. What a letdown :D

LOL, TM - never noticed that before... that is a soooper long strobe... now what would you need one like that for?

Walter, the dolphin PIC cards are just the new version of the old (boring... kidding :p) PADI cards... It shows who the newbies really are!

Cheers
:)

Budding photogs:

I have suggested in my most diplomatic way--learned at the Iguana Don School of Gentle Diplomacy--that all of you interested in u/w photograpy read Martin Edge's book entitled the Underwater Photographer. If you had done that, you would have noticed the "guy" on page 114. And you would not have been so surprised by the length of the strobe arms. Hmmphh!

Joewr (the Patient)

And you can troll with them while during SI's!

Actually, Joe I am interested in it - is there a link to that book, or similar so I can learn up on sooooper long strobes and their purpose? (I'm being serious now... :p)

Alison,

Here it is: If you want a primer on u/w photography, a good intro--even if you never own a Nikonos--is Jim Church's Essential Guide to the Nikonos System. The website here will also get you to some info on that book.

Oh, yes, you do not need arms like those to take decent photos. But when you go to wide angle or are really trying to absolutely eliminate backscatter, they help. The picture of me that you admired so much, shows the kind of arms I typically use.

Joewr (the Assuaged)

Hey Joe - you just needed to type in a colon ( : ) after the http instead of a (.) Oops! I just edited you... hehehe

And thanks for the link - will have a looksee at the books. I'm hoping to either uw photography or videography at some point.

Nice arms you have, BTW...

Alison,

Don't tell anyone I made a mistake! My image is at stake!

By the way, you can take very nice photos without all that gear! But lots of gear gives you more options.

And I love gear!

Joewr

Didn't think! Next time I'll email you with my corrections :p

I'm not so much into gear as yet, mainly cos of the $$ factor. Would dearly love to be able to busy some decent camera equipment though. *sigh* keep saving them pennies....

see ya

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom