Kind of a neat milestone.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alison,

It's okay to correct me in public! The masses will just have go get used to the idea that occasionally I am mistaken or do not know something. They will adjust!

Now, how was that again that you pronounce Phuket?

Joewr

LOL... :egrin:

It's "Poo" - as in fish poo..............................

(btw, I did understand that you were kidding about the corrections... so was I! :p)

Congrats to everyone on their first c-cards. I have been diving 20 years and now my c-cards are of the instructor variety. Yes ,I get more of a thrill now shaking a new divers hand at the end of the last dive.

My c-cards are in my log book at all times(looks like a daytimer with credit cards)I have Project Aware copies of my favourite certs.Yup,costs a bit more to have two original cards but the way I look at it I have spent so much money in getting the training that paying a little more for a nice looking card is worth it.

Ron

Ron,

I've never heard of Project Aware, please tell us what it is.

Joe,

No Fred Flintstone, my PADI card (yes, I do have a PADI card) has the PADI logo (the one from before the diver with a torch), some of my YMCA cards have the YMCA logo (two logos ago) some of my YMCA cards have the YMCA logo (one logo ago), some of my YMCA cards have the current YMCA logo, my CMAS card has the CMAS logo (mermaid doing a split) and my NAUI card has the NAUI logo. NO dolphins, guys, strobes, cameras or Fred Flintstone.

WWW™

Walter,

Aha, somewhere beneath that hard crust is a sense of humor! Seriously, though, I do appreciate your keen awareness of safe and unsafe, right and wrong, deeds and misdeeds--and even though I pulled your chain a little, it is a chain that I would rely on in an emergency without hesitation!

So, maybe, if I visit the Edison/Ford estates again, we could get a little wet together?????????? I promise to be nice--well, as nice as I get.

Joewr

Hard crust? What hard crust?

Joe, anytime you're planning to be in Florida, let me know, we'll plan some dives. The Edison/Ford estates are close by, but I've never dived either one.

I do take some issues very seriously, but I usually have a grand time and I laugh a lot, even under water.

Ron, Project Aware looks like a good idea. PADI is to be commended.

WWW™

No fooling, there I was when.....:p
  • Jimbo (BetterLateThannever) did his 10th dive!!!
We were out at Athens Scuba Park ( http://www.athensscubapark.com ) and I have to say that his comfort in the water and display of the basic skills are most excellent and have come a long way since I first dove as his buddy at Possum Kingdom late last month.

So join me in sending him congratulations! Way to Go Jim!!!!

Gee Whiz, thanks TM.

Counting down, 2 months to Cozumel. :)

Great diving today, 40ft VIZ!!!!!!, crystal clear blue water with the sun's rays bounce off every surface. Kinda like I imagine COZ, only without the fish!

Good to meet and put a face to the Zagnut and Zagnette :)

BLT-Never,

Nice work! That card is a passport to earthly heaven!

You are going to Cozumel in two months? Well, 40'is about 1/3 to 1/4 of the vis you will have down there! And forget any wet suit greater than 3mm thick! And wait till you see those coral reefs and schools of fish! If you are anything like me (no smart remarks, please) you will get addicted.

I am sure you have read--so please pardon the repetition--what I wrote about the French Quarter--great place to eat--I think. And Mike Slaughter, the owner, is one fine Louisiana lad!

Also, and this might be pushing it, I think some of the very best night dives in North America are at Coz. If you get a chance, try it. I really like night diving at Chankanab and most dive shops will take you there.

At any rate, since I was dry today, I am envious, and delighted for you.

Joewr

Back
Top Bottom