Kingston Charter Boats?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve R:
It's OK JJ, I offered up a non DIR/GUE charter to him and Terry (assumption alert!) decided to pull my post.

I pulled it for the "troll" references, not the boat offer.

This thread contained a legitimate question, and any responses that don't violate the TOS, which includes rude and insulting behaviour, are just fine.

Calling someone a troll, then tacking on a half-insulting offer just isn't going to fly.

Terry

Now.. is it because the operators of the charters are GUE trained that you don't want to use them? I know that not all divers that do charters through NTD are. It is not a requirement.

Web Monkey:
I pulled it for the "troll" references, not the boat offer.

This thread contained a legitimate question, and any responses that don't violate the TOS, which includes rude and insulting behaviour, are just fine.

Calling someone a troll, then tacking on a half-insulting offer just isn't going to fly.

Terry
no you pulled it because you assumed he wasn't trolling, which the rest of us know he really is. I sent you today's list for your viewing pleasure.

You need to know your audience better my friend.

It's not your fault given the task you have, no issues with you there for sure, but it doesn't mean you're even close to being correct here either, because you're not.

There was no legitimate question.

There's only a handful of dive op's to use, and he knows them all already.

But now you know too, so there is peace in the land again.

regards

DeepBound:
Can someone recommend a good non-GUE dive charter in the Kingston area?
Thanks in advance,
Neil

Curious, are you saying/implying that there are charters in the Kingston area who only accept DIR divers? What about the rest of Ontario? Note, these questions are not directed at the OP but could be answered by anyone.

Cheers,
Bill.

gitterdun:
Now.. is it because the operators of the charters are GUE trained that you don't want to use them? I know that not all divers that do charters through NTD are. It is not a requirement.
Well, I can think of two things that I don't like 1. being 'convinced' to make gear configuration changes at the last minute before the dive (because the way I'm practiced with and used to is wrong) 2. feeling that my every move is being watched. These things stress me out, and stress/diving are a bad combination, for me anyway.

Steve R:
There's only a handful of dive op's to use, and he knows them all already.

But now you know too, so there is peace in the land again.

regards
I've only dove from a boat once in Kingston, that was with Divercity, and actually I found his email from the businesses thread above.
Why do you guys have to turn everything into an argument? Why do you assume I already know all the charters? I'm a new diver. Almost all of my local experience has been shore diving.

Lightning Fish:
Curious, are you saying/implying that there are charters in the Kingston area who only accept DIR divers? What about the rest of Ontario? Note, these questions are not directed at the OP but could be answered by anyone.

Cheers,
Bill.

He has a problem with NTD, and feels that GUE divers are out to get him. NTD will take anyone with a cert card out. We accompanied 3 divers (not sure cert levels or agency) on Sat and Sun morning. They asked questions, we answered. They seemed very happy and appreciative to have us on board.

DeepBound:
Well, I can think of two things that I don't like 1. being 'convinced' to make gear configuration changes at the last minute before the dive (because the way I'm practiced with and used to is wrong) 2. feeling that my every move is being watched. These things stress me out, and stress/diving are a bad combination, for me anyway.

Of all the charters I've done through NTD, I have never once heard of them suggesting that someone change their gear configuration before they boarded a boat. If people have questions or concerns, they are glad to help or offer options. The second one.. well.. that's your own thing to deal with, I guess. I wouldn't blame that on them.

jjones9527:
He has a problem with NTD, and feels that GUE divers are out to get him. NTD will take anyone with a cert card out. We accompanied 3 divers (not sure cert levels or agency) on Sat and Sun morning. They asked questions, we answered. They seemed very happy and appreciative to have us on board.

Hmm... come to think of it, JJ... Has he ever been to NTD??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom