Ko Tao / Ko Samui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand. We have been there on Koh Tao for a month, diving with Goodtime Adventures. And I much prefer a speed boat. You get there much faster that the old big fishing boats others shops prefer to own with 30+ divers on them.
You ride on the big old slow overcrowded boats, I will be on the speed boats every time.
Overcrowded boat with Master Divers? That is new to me.
I have never been on any boat with Master Divers that had more than 20 divers. There are similar other operators as well.
I only need two dives in the morning and has plenty of time on a slow boat to enjoy the view as well as the company of other divers from all over the world. There is NO rush on a diving holiday.
Similar experiences in Koh Lanta and Koh Lipe.

Overcrowded boat with Master Divers? That is new to me.
I have never been on any boat with Master Divers that had more than 20 divers. There are similar other operators as well.
I only need two dives in the morning and has plenty of time on a slow boat to enjoy the view as well as the company of other divers from all over the world. There is NO rush on a diving holiday.
Similar experiences in Koh Lanta and Koh Lipe.
Thanks for correcting me on the 20 divers. I have the money, I will take a speed boat every time.

And neither is what dive shop or boat size I prefer.
I have seen the late Paul Allan's yacht in Philippines from a distance once and he certainly did not have any issue where he wanted to dive.
"Octopus" was eventually sold for US$278 million few yrs ago.Just a sniff for you no doubt.
Scuba diving is a recreation sport and does not measure by the depth of one's pocket.

The big boat will take max of 35 divers.
Now I know where the 30+ divers came from.

Thanks for correcting me on the 20 divers. I have the money, I will take a speed boat every time.
What does you "having the money" have anything to do with the discussion on this thread? Sounds like nothing more than an excuse to brag about how wealthy you are, which typically means exactly the opposite.

I went with Big Blue once, was one of many on board - never used them again. Master Divers I’ve use on at least 5 dive holidays, I’ve never seen even the 20 @Centrals noted. Twice they’ve taken me to Chumphon Pinnacle with me and one buddy, so we could do 2 x 30m dives with deco. DJL are similar to MD On numbers on the boat.

Speed boats are just uncomfortable, forget the money.

Sometimes I wonder why I comment on this site. I offered a name of a great company that offers the option to take a faster boat and I’m criticized for it.
It's not the well intended advice that earns you criticism. It's the annoying chest beating.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom