Ladies I need your help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, Wildcard. Good luck on this. Given the way marriage is practiced by many in this country a one-size-fits-all would be the best choice (assuming she'd give it back after the divorce). Seriously, not specifically referencing you here... wish you all the best in this endeavor. You've got more guts than I do!!

Oh my gosh! where have I been?....Over in the dog forum! Wildcard! well, if you want sneaky, you should have just called me direct. Are you still going to Iraq? Please check in with me later Jim will be in Haditha, in the Suni triangle. Hmmm, I didn't get a proposal. I don't think he is as worried as I am. He has a satellite phone. Anyway, can you go through her jewelry box? If you can get it within a size down or two, you can have it sized later. Congratulations. Better keep her off Scubaboard.

Wildcard:
I need a sneeky way ( and no one is better at sneeking than the women :)) to find out what size ring to get my GF. She is a light sleeper and wears no rings now.:06:

Almost any reputable jewler will be able to tell you the standard size (which I think is 8 1/2) to give her for the presentation. She can then have it sized easily from there.

If you tell the jewler she has the hands of a lumber jack, they will go up a size. If you say she has tiny hands, they'll go down a size. It's all about getting it on her finger when you open the box.

1st - Cut
2nd - Color
3rd - Clarity
THEN - Carat*

*** Unless you have size issues - then by all means hit the pawn shop and get the biggest piece of zirconia you can get your hands on.

8 1/2? I wear size 3 1/4!!
I know I have small hands, but hopefully he can get closer to his girlfriend's size.

any reputable jeweler will tell you to pick a size above (1 or 2 sizes) what she would need, just to make sure she will be able to put it on. even if you provide them with the exact size, they won't adjust it for you until she tried it.

I had stolen her 4th finger ring of the other hands, brought it to them, and they still wouldn't do it.

I think it makes sense.

My girlfriend is a control freak as well and is picky about jewelry but she loved the fact that I spent so much time picking the right size, clarity, setting, etc...

She never asked to change anything, she doesn't even want a larger diamond since she has small hands and feel it wouldn't match.

Congrats.

crlavoie:
1st - Cut
2nd - Color
3rd - Clarity
THEN - Carat*

I disagree. Determining priorities is a personal matter. Personally, I didn't even rank them past "cut" since that was most important to me. From there I figured out acceptable ranges for color, clarity, anc carat weight, then I sat on www.pricescope.com 'til I found what I wanted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom