Lake Pleasant Conditions II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm new to Scuba Board. I've been reading and getting to know my way around. Would have loved to have known about this site years ago. Better late than never. I've been diving a long time. But I have a proble always finding family to go diving with. It looks like I can now start diving the amount I have always wanted to. I really look forward to diving with you guys.:D

I'm new to Scuba Board. I've been reading and getting to know my way around. Would have loved to have known about this site years ago. Better late than never. I've been diving a long time. But I have a proble always finding family to go diving with. It looks like I can now start diving the amount I have always wanted to. I really look forward to diving with you guys.:D

Hey Ed,

Glad you made it. The group of "regulars" (irregulars?) is getting big enough that there's someone diving at the lake almost every weekend. I've missed the last couple of weekends but I plan to remedy all that on Saturday.
Actually this time of year the lake is a zoo with all the divers. But we have a few spots, like Two Cow Cove, that we don't tell anybody about so they're not to busy.

See you at the lake.

Steve.

BTW, I'm meeting Josh at the lake on Saturday morning. Any and all who want to join us are certainly welcome.

Steve.

Hello Ed, welcome to SB. Diving at Pleasant right now is about as good as it gets there. Vis is up to 30' on good days, still around 20 on days with a lot of boat traffic.

Josh and I dove around Two Cow Cove on Saturday (4/5). We did 3 dives. Vis was about 15 to 20 feet, water temp was around 60º at the surface. We both turned a profit on the day. I found a $5.00 bill and Josh found a $1.00 bill both on the second dive. Not as good a find as Mike had a couple of weeks ago but hey, it paid the rental fee on one of my tanks. We saw a couple of big mouth bass, one really big one by the rock wall around near DT road. Josh said it best, that was one of the best 25 foot dives we've had in a while. The boaters weren't to bad. There was a temporary dock set up just to the west of where TCC opens out to the lake. I guess that means that we'll have more boats to contend with in the future...again.

All in all a good dive day.

Steve.

Steve.

When were you guys thinknig of going after the motor cover? Maybe during the week would be better due to lower boat traffic on that side.

Welcome to the fold Ed.

I'm ready to go for the engine cover anytime. Maybe we should make it a night dive so there aren't so many boats around, or just wait until this winter when the only people there will be these crazy divers I know.

This past Saturday....
A group of us made it to the lake last Saturday. Janet and I camped out Friday night and had a great time hanging out. Before long the soothing sound of waves lapping the shoreline worked it's magic and we were nodding off in our camp chairs. When we went to bed the lake was calm. The sky was absolutely clear and full of stars. There were a few boats out after dark but they were anchored or lazily adrift.

All that changed in the night though. Around 2:00 am the sound of waves and high winds woke us up. I was glad we'd decided to snooze in the van and forgo the tent. We would've been rolling across the spillway for sure. It was so bad that I wondered (dreamed?) if we'd been blown to San Diego in the night and were watching ocean waves crashing on the beach. The van rolled and shook like it was a ship underway in a hurricane.

Bill Wojtkowski (PhxSki) arrived at about 7:00am just as I was crawling out of the dive-van, my head still spinning from the stormy night. The wind was still howling and waves still crashing. We agreed that the sooner we were blowing bubbles the better.

The visibility was surprisingly good. I thought the wind would have churned things up but we enjoyed 20+ foot vis. The water temp at depth was 61º (about what it was in December). We did our first dive at 8:20 after waiting for a bit to see if anybody else was going to join us. During the dive we filled a big goodie bag full of debris including a mask frame (never found the rest of the diver though). We went to 54' deep and worked our way parallel to the shore at about 100 feet out.

Bill led the second dive and took us in a big triangle as we filled another goodie bag. During part of the dive, we found and followed a trench. There were times when the vis wasn't very good but most of the time it remained about 20'. We saw a few fish in the trench. Mostly large mouth bass and a catfish lurking behind a tree.

Greg Parsons arrived at about 11:30, between our second and third dives. We decided to get another dive in before eating lunch. Our previous dives were to the east and the west so this time we headed north. Due to a miss cue and bone headed move on my part, we ended the dive early. Good thing that Greg is patient enough to put up with me. We got separated and I swam around on the bottom in the area we were in for much to long instead of surfacing and waiting for the others. Duuuh.

The last dive of the day went much better. We found 61 feet and a very chilly thermocline. We didn't stay long enough for the computer to register the true temperature but i am guessing the temperature dropped at least 10º between 58' and 61'. We saw more fish and Greg got a chance to try out his new camera.

So four dives that day for me (the last dive was #40 for me). Obviously a good day.

Looking forward to diving during the Scuba Show next weekend.

Steve.

Diving at the lake on Saturday and Sunday. I plan to participate in the dives that the show is putting on as well as at least one other fun dive. Sunday I plan on doing 3 dives. Looking for a dive buddy for either or both days.

Steve.

Diving at the lake on Saturday and Sunday. I plan to participate in the dives that the show is putting on as well as at least one other fun dive. Sunday I plan on doing 3 dives. Looking for a dive buddy for either or both days.

Steve.
Steve:

Unfortunately, I didn't get to the shop in time to get my tanks filled. As such, I won't be able to join you tomorrow at the lake.
If you plan on diving next weekend, let me know.

Regards, Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom