Lake Pleasant Conditions II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you up for diving on the 31st?

I'm going to San Diego the 28th - 30th and driving home on the 31st so that's a no go.

I did, however, join the Lake Pleasant money club myself this past Monday -- while it was only a George Washington, it was nonetheless found money, as it were. I also found a pair of fins as well.

Come out for a night dive on Saturday.

The fish were plentiful and we dove at the end of DT road. We circled what is now a little island off to the right.

How long did it take you to circle the island and did you think it was a good dive? Also, what kind of depth did you find?

Curt and I dive at the end of DT on Monday the 12th in the morning - tons of fish (we pulled out a lot of trash too). We stayed to the left along the wall and really enjoyed the dives and the scenery. I was thinking that it would be a pretty good night dive.

Sounds good, Andres!

Any specific area there or is is open and obvious?

Call me if any problem or if you don't see me. :)

Take care, c.

I'm going to San Diego the 28th - 30th and driving home on the 31st so that's a no go.

I did, however, join the Lake Pleasant money club myself this past Monday -- while it was only a George Washington, it was nonetheless found money, as it were. I also found a pair of fins as well.

Come out for a night dive on Saturday.

I can't make it Saturday. I have family in town this weekend. Are you diving in San Diego? I want to make it to one of their Wrinkles Dive events. We all have a ways to go to match Rudebob's find of a sock full of silver dollars. Makes him the Grand Poobah of money finders.

Good find with the fins! If they're glow-in-the-dark green or yellow and split (I know how you hate split fins) I'll be happy to take them off your hands. I found a real nice mask once but it belonged to the lady who's husband was feverishly looking for it. Yeah, I gave it back.

Have fun in SoCal.

Steve.

How long did it take you to circle the island and did you think it was a good dive? Also, what kind of depth did you find?

We circled the island in around 50 minutes. Depth.. well, we weren't going to deep- stayed above 25 the whole dive. We kept finding fish in the shallows and decided not to mess with a good thing. I really enjoyed the dive- lots of life for the lake, the bottom went from boulders to flat stone to gravel to the usual muck, so that was nice as well. I'd say give it a go!
We all have a ways to go to match Rudebob's find of a sock full of silver dollars. Makes him the Grand Poobah of money finders.

Steve.

I found $11 last year, and a dive flag to replace the one that got stolen from us during a dive!

Kris......That $11 paid two gate fees!!!!

I prefer to think of it as 11 spicy chicken sandwiches at Carl's Jr. on the way home!

LOL..... Yep that will work two!!!! Or you could look at it as a couple gallons of gas???? :wink:

Dove just west of the 10 lane boat ramp this morning. Visibility and temperature were good in the shallower water (to 40' depth). Below that, I got 55 degrees. Water continues to warm however, I noted that the lake level already appears to be down from a few weeks ago.

Another great day at the lake!

Yep, lake seems to be down a little bit indeed- we were also in the same area, right on the point- vis was pretty good and the temps were in the low 60's for us... the lake is getting warmer quick- last weekend for drysuits (and even this one was pushing it!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom