Lake Rawlings Winter Plunge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had a great time yesterday diving with Randy and likmold. The temperature was 50 and we had the lake pretty much all to ourselves. Here are some pics:

IMG_6864_Copy.jpgIMG_6865_Copy.jpgIMG_6868_Copy.jpgIMG_6870_Copy.jpgIMG_6885_Copy.jpgIMG_6911_Copy.jpgIMG_6912_Copy.jpgIMG_6910.jpg

Looks fun! Nice to have the place to yourself. No students stirring up the shallows or bumping into you. Was it 50 on the bottom @ 60' or upper levels?

Looks fun! Nice to have the place to yourself. No students stirring up the shallows or bumping into you. Was it 50 on the bottom @ 60' or upper levels?

It was 50 at the bottom if I remember correctly.

It was 50 at the bottom if I remember correctly.

Did any of you dive it wet? Not sure from the pics. Just curious if so, how tolerable it was. 50 is still iffy for me wet, so I'm going to do the dry specialty next month and see if its for me.

I've done 42 at Rawlings before in a 6.5 Mares semi dry, wasn't too bad but won't do anything below 60 wet now that I have my drysuit.

Did any of you dive it wet? Not sure from the pics. Just curious if so, how tolerable it was. 50 is still iffy for me wet, so I'm going to do the dry specialty next month and see if its for me.

Likmold was diving wet. I was concerned about him but he did pretty well IMO. I will post a pic of him when I get back home.

My buddy and I dove Rawlings yesterday, Feb. 24th. Air temp got up to about 55F; water was between 46-48F depending on exactly where you were, but there was no thermocline. We were both wearing 7/6 wetsuits, and it was not bad at all except for our fingers (with 5mm gloves). Visibility was pretty good, probably 25 feet or so.

My buddy and I dove Rawlings yesterday, Feb. 24th. Air temp got up to about 55F; water was between 46-48F depending on exactly where you were, but there was no thermocline. We were both wearing 7/6 wetsuits, and it was not bad at all except for our fingers (with 5mm gloves). Visibility was pretty good, probably 25 feet or so.

That's interesting! Are they open, or did you get a lucky break? I thought they wouldn't open for less than 4...
-----

Ack, nevermind. Must have been a willy dive. For some reason I keep thinking today is Weds...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom