Lake Travis report on Fox News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw that, cool. I was hoping they'd get my boat in the shots.... I will have to study it more. The remains of the buildings look cool. Anybody have a plane or chopper, perhaps some aerial recon is in order.

This whole Travis thing is astounding to me. I would ask what happens next except; I know no one knows the answer. :shakehead:

What happens next is that @ the rate of 1ft/wk we won't drop the 17ft needed to break the record set in 1951 -- IF we get the monsoons El Nino often sends in Nov. In that case the next thing will be water levels above normal. From 42ft below full, the lake came up 60 feet in 6 weeks in the summer of '07.

What happens next is that @ the rate of 1ft/wk we won't drop the 17ft needed to break the record set in 1951 -- IF we get the monsoons El Nino often sends in Nov. In that case the next thing will be water levels above normal. From 42ft below full, the lake came up 60 feet in 6 weeks in the summer of '07.

I am hearing from forecasters that we could start seeing rain as early as October 2009 and it does not take long to get into flooding around here.

I remember diving in 07 when water was up to Barstows fill station and I was traveling under the oak trees and picnic tables out the the stairs underwater.

What a trip that was.

Low lake levels offer recreational divers an opportunity to identify and see all those objects underwater that are normally deeper than 130 feet.

Great chance right now for diving Travis but it won't be long and as you say it will look totally different to us underwater and no stairs to use for a while.

Call this my pessimst side and I hope I am very wrong but i dont think it will be back up as soon as you think.:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom