"Like A Fish Underwater" new way to breath under water without oxygen tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My understanding is that the guy's a nut and the idea is not really practical.

too many radical (sometimes silly) prototypes alike end up on archive shelves

But without 'radial' prototypes, we would probably still be cruising round on horses and living in caves.
I'm sure one upon a time SCUBA was condidered 'wildy dangerous and impractical'.
I say good on him, and hope it makes it to a point where we can all use it :)

Down with tanks!

A slightly more detailed description.
http://www.isracast.com/article.aspx?id=63

i would say horses & cottages (not necessarily caves); were better days
cars = global warming
condominiums = concrete jungle.
man proven history fact is that we progressively making things harder & harmful for ourselves

I'm glad there are people who don't accept the status quo. Many of them will try wild ideas and fail, and some will be Wilbur and Orville Wright.

um, ok?

I have seen before what people say "lake turned over" and usually results in dead fish floating.

Is it possible that some water could have no oxygen in it?
How would you know until it was to late?

um, ok?

Yes it is possible for a body of water to have little to no DO (dissolved oxygen) but too notes on that ,any waters with that little DO
1. Would contain very little to NO life and likely less interesting to dive
2. Would likely be fairly manky due to build up of other gasses and rotting material (detritus) which consumes oxygen

And there are currently many DO anylizers availbe now for measuring DO in water so im sure one could be incorperated into the equipment to check the water before the dive

I too think its great that people still strive to make something new and inventive, None of us would be diving today if it wasn't for certain peoples "crazy" ideas.
(if your ever looking for an intersting read of the development of the dive industry and equipment i suggest u look up the Book Neutral Buyancy

Always waiting for the Startwars mini mouth rebreather,
Brad

um, ok?

I have seen before what people say "lake turned over" and usually results in dead fish floating.

even worse, water can have very harmful gases dissolved: imagine breathing Cl2, don't think you'll enjoy it.

"Like A Fish Underwater" new way to breath under water without oxygen tanks

Oh yeah, them pesky Oxygen tanks again.

A centrifuge big enough to process enough water to supply sufficient gas to keep up with the SAC rate of a human would be the size of a small SUV.

Tankless Underwater Breathing Apparatus... TUBA right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom