Local Dive Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After the great thaw occurs following the Feb 10th dive and dine(for survivors) at Blue Water in Pelham, we will need some ideas on a get together in March..I'm thinking warm, tropical, gulf....68f or > water and air temp will seem tropical after Saturday.....:14:

Throw out some ideas...maybe it will help keep me warm Saturday....

I was thinking we could all dive the Oriskany and either go to a restaurant or cook out at Casa de Divemaster aftwrwards. But I'll go to the keys if necessary.

I might be able to do the Big O soon, I'm only 7 dives way from AOW.

Michael

Sounds like a good plan DiveMaster. I would love to do the O again. What do you have in mind? Maybe make a day out of it? Do a 2 tank guided dive on the O and then a third closer to shore for those interested. Whoever cooks will be fine with me, you or a restaurant..makes no difference to me as long as I don't have to do the cooking. What boat are we talking about, what price and how many do we need to fill it? What dates do you have in mind or is it too soon to even guess at this point?

I've got to coordinate a few things, but I'm thinking mid-march. Most likely a 2 tanker to the O, then cookout (byo meat to grill/side item) at my home since it's close to the boat. I'll check on adding a third tank.

We don't have to do a third dive. A cookout sounds fun too. As soon as you know some more details, post them so that we can start "herding the cats" up...:D

What about Morrisons in late Feb or March? What are the chances of having a dive and cook out there? Mat, can you keep a watch on the conditions and keep us updated? Just as soon as the conditions are favorable, we can pick a warm weekend. We might even get some of the "Locals" to come out for that one:D

We could always do morrison/vortex springs. Vortex has a pretty good campground too. Kind of on the pricey side....

Or we could head down to Suprbugmans neck of the woods and do some shore diving....

I want to do boat dives. I loved the dives I did in Cozumel and Belize. :) So fun coming up from 80 feet (drifting in Cozumel) and slowly hitting the 15 feet mark and hanging there for 10 minutes on 200psi of gas (as in I only used 200psi). Quite strange, but I understand why. (At least I hope.:p)

I JUST WANNA DIVE!$@#!%#%#@

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom