Longhose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry Campana - I'm a large. But your right - I really did like the backpack - simple to use, but full functional, without a bunch of usless gadgets or gimmicks on it.

I'll have to do at least one season on this BC to give a fair try......

Originally posted by Campana
Anybody wanna buy a Transpac II, size XL?

What's up with only Large and small TransPacs for sale.

I realize that you can get any size (except the S and XS have a smaller backpad) and just replace the straps but that seems too annoying.

I've been getting interested in them lately and from watching E-Bay etc, I have yet to see a single m/l size for sale...

Either this means that they fit best on 'average' size divers (who then do not ever sell them) or it's a conspiracy designed to force me to get a brand new one instead of used... :)

Oh yah. To stay on thread:

I have gone over to the long hose and necklace setup on an AL80 and jacket BC too.

"AHA! I see that your shwartz is as big as mine!"
-Space Balls - The Movie...

I've used the long hose for a couple of years now. I slide the extra hose under my weight belt. This way I can ajust how much play I have so the hose doesn't float up behind my head. If needed to be passed off it's a simple pull to deploy. I use the Transpack II with twined 120's
:yellow:

WEll, uhm - I use my 7' hose for all applications - I have no reason to change as it is the sweetest setup ever...

as far as added drag and snagging - uhm - yeah - I'm also really worried about the ferraris suffering from bad aerodynamics... It seems to me that before anyone states that there is problem with drag and snagging - maybe you should try it out and see how it all works.

Oh - btw - I just sold my m/l transpac on Ebay - Good riddance.

Anyway,
Big T

Back
Top Bottom