look to buy new computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Veo 180

$190 or so

And just so you don't get confused when looking around, Aeris is really the same as the oceanic Aeris Manta Dive Computer, Computers: Nitrox, Aeris, Aeris Manta Dive Computer And with the SB discount - getting a computer with that many features for just over 300 bucks is probably the best deal going for something that is small, down loadable and can do nitrox.

Now if you want something more conservative - but a bit larger on your wrist - this is the best deal we've got on a nitrox computer. Mares M2 Nitrox / Air Dive Computer, Computers: Nitrox, Mares, Mares M2 Nitrox / Air Dive Computer That gets you in below 200 bucks.

I personally want a Suunto Vyper. I have seen them go for less than $200.00 on here and on ebay. Here is some info from the Suunto website:

"Suunto Vyper features full decompression capabilities and combines several technological innovations into one product. Suunto Vyper offers everything a diver could possibly need for diving with standard air or nitrox mixes. It can also be used as a depth gauge and timer with profile memory, making it ideal for professional and technical diving applications.

In addition to having information available to you at all times, your Suunto Vyper records and stores data for later analysis. You can view, compare, and analyze your diving performance through a specially designed PC interface.

The technical features, combined with the PC interface developed for more graphical representation of your performance, and our Internet Community, where you can share information with other like-minded divers from around the world, make Suunto Vyper ideal for divers who want their watch to tell more than the time."

The Vyper was my first computer and I liked it alot until I saw what I could have had.

In my Opinion, it is too large to where as a wrist computer. I know it's not much bigger than many other "wrist" computers out there, but when I think of a wrist computer it needs to be small so as not to get in the way.

I think you are on the right track with your first two choices. I have had no first hand experience with the Gekko as such I won't say anything good or bad about it.

The Geo (or Manta) have everything you're looking for in a wristwatch sized package. and with the multitude of colors out there it is very easy to find one to match your taste.
Oceanic Worldwide - Scuba and Snorkeling Gear, Scuba and Snorkeling Equipment and Dive Gear

On every other page here on SB you can find a coupon for $50 off.

Hope this helps.

Oceanic Geo:
Digital Watch, Air, Nitrox, Gauge and Free Dive Modes
Custom Audible Alarms with Alarm Acknowledgement
Diver-Replaceable Battery
Watch functions: alternate time zone, stopwatch, lap timer, daily alarm, and countdown timer
Optional OceanLog? PC Download and Settings Upload Software and USB Cable

Suunto Gekko:

2 operating modes (Air and Nitrox)
Reduced Gradient Bubble Model (RGBM)
Complete decompression stop data
Simplified menu system for ease of use
Temperature display
50 Hour Profile & Logbook memory
Super bright phosphorescent display for night or low light conditions
Automatic activation
Audible alarms
User-replaceable battery

Reviews for both computers are very similar. Customers say they are easy to read and easy to use. The Suunto Computer has a few more extras than the Oceanic Geo. We are currently selling our Oceanic Geo for $349.99. Visit us at Scuba Gear |Scuba Equipment Discount | Snorkel | Dive Equipment | Buy Scuba Diving Equipment | Divers Direct. We also sell the Suunto Gekko. Contact us at 1-800-DIVE-USA for pricing on Suunto Computers.

Sorry to jump in on this post, but I am also looking for a new computer for my boyfriend. I am using the Suunto Vyper Air / Nitrox 2 Console computer. I really enjoy all the features, and I have used it on 60+ dives.

My boyfriend is using an older computer and is very unhappy with it (he has about 110+ dives). My first thought was to purchase him the same computer so that we would have similar dive parameters. However we are going to start doing more technical diving - wrecks / deep - and the reviews of the Vyper say that it is very conservative.

He has expressed interest in a wrist mount, but I have thought the cost would be prohibitive.

Thanks,
Susan

If he is going to honestly do technical diving, he won't be using a computer for anything except to show his depth and dive time. The Vyper would be perfect. That's what I use and so do many of my friends.

Wrist mount is no more expensive than console mount. Or maybe only a few dollars. Why did you think it would cost prohibitive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom