look to buy new computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What he meant is that we can't really offer advice unless you specify what sort of diving you're going to use it for and if there are any specific features you want. Air/Nitrox and wrist mounted give you more options than you would know what to do with. Hard to pick one computer out of that crowd without knowing a little more about what you want from it.

What he meant is that we can't really offer advice unless you specify what sort of diving you're going to use it for and if there are any specific features you want. Air/Nitrox and wrist mounted give you more options than you would know what to do with. Hard to pick one computer out of that crowd without knowing a little more about what you want from it.

Exactly.

FWIW, I dive the Cressi Archimedes II. It is a two-gas, air/nitrox, wrist computer. It is not a watch though as it is much bigger than a watch.

The cressi is a great piece of technology. Nice big button and big display. Simulation and dive plan functions, easy to use. Got it @ LP for $275 (on sale). Can't beat that.

Personally, I'd stay away from a dive watch. First of all they are smaller than a dedicated computer and hence harder to read. Then you may also break/lose it if you wear it daily out of the water. I like having a nice, chunky, easy to read computer on my wrist instead of a smaller watch (like my dive buddy).

You also pay a premium for a dive watch given they have to fit the electronics into a smaller package than a dedicated dive computer.

You can also have a look at the Veo 180 nx and Veo 100. These are even cheaper than the Cressi and I have read nothing but good things about them (especially the 180nx).

I also use the Archimedes II, and I agree that it is a VERY easy to use and easy to read computer. The VEO series are nice as well, but lacking if you want to program 2 gasses into it, this is where the Archimedes steps ahead.

How in the world did you get it at such a low price??These are all 500$...Lol..Well, i am a recreational who sometimes trickles down to some deep dephs..I can dive both gases (nitrox and air).I am looking for all standard feautures..I like the freedive mode,backlight, all audible alrams for ascents and decents..I really liked the nemos and some other ones..Execpt that the other ones were huge...( sorry for the spelling im in a hurrry)...Ill check back...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom