Looking for a dive shop and hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Infanty 169 - here's an off the wall suggestion: Baldwin's B&B. They are back in the 'hood in a beautiful place. Easy walking distance to restaurants in town. GREAT hosts who are loads of fun. But opportunities for intimycies if that's what you want. Great, comfortable beds. Yeah, you aren't waterfront but I've never seen a negative report. They are just great and have become great friends.

It's a small point but they are big supporters of the armed forces so you'd be with like-minded hosts.

Hi there,

I was in Cozumel a few weeks ago. I stayed at the Fiesta Americana hotel. It was nice, but a little bit far from the town centre. I went diving with Blue Magic Scuba. They are a small, friendly dive operator. Small boats (less than 10 people per boat) and personal attention. I did my AOW with them and had a great time. They are a little bit more expensive than some of the other operators in Cozumel, but that is because they do not have the massive boats that take out loads of passengers. If you like good customer service and personal attention, I would recommend Blue Magic.

Welcome home!
And thanks for keeping me safe.
If you like bed and breakfast type then Google Amigos bed and breakfast. Really nice little spot with a great private pool. It's very romantic and quiet. Walkable to the town centre.
For diving I use scubamaucozumel. Their op is a lot of fun, safe and always deliver a great dive. Opal runs the show, she will really help your stay be complete with lots of info on the town. Or just read here,lol. anyway whatever you use will probably be great. Thats the bueaty of the place. I wish you well. kev

I have stayed at everything from the Intercontinental Presidente (beautiful, like the Ritz, but expensive) to the Hacienda San Miguel (basic, great friendly people, in town but very, very quiet). I am not into the all inclusives because you miss so much of the local flavor, literally and figuratively. For my money, it would be the Villa Blanca (close to town) or the Casa Mexicana (in town, can get a good breakfast before diving, eat lunch/dinner out). I've been diving with several operators - and, you probably can't go wrong with anyone. But if you want small boats, personal attention, great customer service, my favorite is Blue Magic Scuba. They go the extra mile to make your dive vacation special. The owner (joyce) is friendly and will make sure you have a good time. And, welcome home, it's good to have you back. Have a great time, where ever you stay and with whomever you dive!

I'd recommend Scuba with Alison for the operator. I've been to Cozumel 3 times and I like her the best. I just finished writing a review here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/312693-cozumel-trip-report-scuba-alison.html

I've stayed in Cozumel Palace 2 times and Intercontinental Presidente just recently. They are on the higher end, but it sounded like you didn't need anything too fancy.

My only suggestion would be to stay closer to town, somewhere around Cozumel Palace, but not north of town (otherwise the boat ride is really long and most ops don't even go that far north to pick up). We stayed at the Presidente this last time which is about 10 minutes south of town, but we even felt like that was too far.

Cozumel in January is GREAT! Love diving Cozumel and highly recommend diving with Scuba Mau, and they offer numerous packages with local hotels depending on your preferences and budget. Recommend Villa Blanca. Get Opal to set you up. You'll love Scuba Mau, fun crew, experienced local staff, with emphasis on safety. Enjoy!

I second the recommendation of Casa Del Mar.
Hotel Casa del Mar Cozumel, Mexico

My husband and I, along with about 20 other friends stayed there in Sept of this year. The hotel was great (rooms were large) and the dive shop is right across the street (easy access). This is the only hotel the has a walk-way over the highway, making it easy to get to without fighting traffic.

You can talk to the dive shop and do shore dives even after they close, just have them leave tanks out for you. Everyone is VERY helpful, hotel staff and dive shop.

We have already booked our trip for next year with them - staying 2 weeks this time, as 1 week was just not enough.

I second the recommendation of Casa Del Mar.
Hotel Casa del Mar Cozumel, Mexico

My husband and I, along with about 20 other friends stayed there in Sept of this year. The hotel was great (rooms were large) and the dive shop is right across the street (easy access). This is the only hotel the has a walk-way over the highway, making it easy to get to without fighting traffic.

You can talk to the dive shop and do shore dives even after they close, just have them leave tanks out for you. Everyone is VERY helpful, hotel staff and dive shop.

We have already booked our trip for next year with them - staying 2 weeks this time, as 1 week was just not enough.

Just a clarification of this hotel - the rooms are very small compared to most other hotels on the island - unless you were in one of the townhouses.

Hotel Cozumel actually has an underground walkway for their guests to get to the ocean and many other hotels are actually located on the water - so while it is the only property with an overhead walkway, other hotels have similar easy access to the water/piers for their guests. Fiesta Americana used to have an overhead walkway - pre Wilma - but I never saw anyone using it, it was easier to walk across the street.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great little hotel - I just want to keep information accurate.

Back
Top Bottom