Looking for fin recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the quatros w. the spring straps. It is super easy to get them on and off and they are really durable. Also, check out the jet fins with spring straps, they will help with your floaty feet and last forever as long as you dont lose them. I am not a fan of split fins, but that is strictly personal preference and the type of diving you intend to do.

For $30 you can have spring straps for the quatros, give it a shot and I bet you will find it much easier.

with the information said, little overweight, weak legs and having difficulty in entry of your fins, comfort is key for you and negative buoyant and a fin that is in a bit shorter side than the atomic splits, I am guessing your fins would just come up and slap the surface.

I will have to suggest Apollo Pro c-series they are around 200.00 with the spring straps built in. Scubapro Twinjet (blk) with springs. sold separately. Force Fin adjustable comes with the bungie, and the Beaver Force with bungie . Both comes with the bungie, It works great. Or the foil force, that should be smooth as glass.

For you since you are a heavier set I think the Beaver force with optional shark teeth will be great.

I hope this helps and congratulations in passing your OW.

Force Fin adjustable comes with the bungie, and the Beaver Force with bungie . Both comes with the bungie, It works great. Or the foil force, that should be smooth as glass.

For you since you are a heavier set I think the Beaver force with optional shark teeth will be great.

Don't forget that you can order Bungies for any of the FF's, or even order them with Bungies stock.

Hands down Force Fins. Easy on/off, negatively buoyant very good quality, little to no strain while swimming and very efficient. I purchased one new set from a local dive shop and then two additional pairs off ebay for half price. I have been very happy. Whether you purchase a set with bungee straps or upgrade a set without the bungee straps are the way to go. Good Luck.

Mark D.

If your hold-up is the easy on-off feature, look into Spring Straps. A current student upgraded her fins with the spring strap sand has fallen in love with them. She has had VERY limited flexibility.

Get a fin that holds your foot well and does not tire you out. The Spring Straps come for most manufacturers these days. I dive with Mares' Volo Power fins and love them. My wife dives the Tusa split fins and likes them as well. Neither employ the spring straps yet, although I have thought of getting them for my wife.. not the $1200 butler version though.. I am in for WAY more than that by now...

Get Jet Fins with spring straps. You won't need another fin.

I had the chance recently to try the new Aqua Lung Sling Shots. Other than the price ($220) they were really cool. Lots of kick power I wasnt expecting. I was testing them for our shop. Again other than the price I really liked these fins.
Good Luck, Warren

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom