Looking for Orlando FL Area Instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Everyone,

I have a friend who is getting married in August, and she has expressed some interest to me in my diving, and stated that she would like to learn to dive.

I am curious if there would be some way for me to arrange for her to do some sort of resort dive/guided by an instructor dive with some manatees or something (as an engagement/wedding present from me)

I am traveling down there this weekend to spend a week... I carry two sets of fins/two masks with me.. so I could hook her up with a set, and my *for training purposes only* snorkle... so would need to get her a set of boots, and rent the rest of her gear....

So is anyone *instructor qualified* willing to take a sweetie under their wing for a day to expose her to blowing bubbles?

I'd probably be tagging along at a comfortable distance in my sidemount rig.... with some POS disposable underwater camera :wink:

Thanks for any replies...
Take Care,

Scott

P.S. I'm actually leaving Wednesday morning headed in that direction, but I won't make it to her house until Friday night... So I might be a little delayed in replying...

If you'd like this moved to the Florida forum for better coverage and Inst suggestions, post that here, and I'll ask a Mod. It seems the request needs to come from you, tho.

A Resort Dive in Kings Bay can be arranged thru Crystal River operators perhaps, but manatee diving is usually done there with snorkel gear only.

I just reposted it there myself... Mods please feel free to delete this thread..

Thank you Don.

-Scott

Back
Top Bottom