Looks like there is going to be...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Kitty! I'll look into that :D

Thanks Simon! I lived in Europe, went diving in the Red Sea....Thanks for remembering though :wink:

I just wanted to add a wee vote for do it yourself. I don't believe ours was an Avery kit but Staples has all different ones to choose from. Various styles from formal to casual. I didn't do them, I have a friend that is good at that stuff that did them for me but we were very pleased. For font we used something called Black Chancery, it was fancy while still being legible.

Good idea, I'll see what my local paper store has (too bad no Staples here)

I'm late to the discussion as usual, but here now and you can't dislodge me!

As for the print it yourself option, I think it is really viable. Sis is an artist and did some up on an el cheapo colour printer but they turned out beautiful. The paper is really heavy and textured...I thought she had had them professionally done for one of her shows til she showed me the box!

You can always get online for Staples etc...try Michael's and Hobby Lobby on a search too...they are big in the midwest and their stores have tons of stuff.

And when I hit your link to see what you've chosen i only get a huge list, no image??

Beach weddings are beautiful...simple receptions are, IMHO, better than lavish affairs - your guests are more interactive and from the ones I have been to, bride and groom are so much more relaxed!

SueM...no shoes?? I am a shoe addict, DH calls me Imelda, so I would have to have a pair for the big day. Of course, I wouldn't wear them on the beach (and probably only momentarily at the reception) - in true addict style just having them would be enough for me LOL BTW - you guys have a gorgeous wedding photo!

alcina:
SueM...no shoes?? I am a shoe addict, DH calls me Imelda, so I would have to have a pair for the big day. Of course, I wouldn't wear them on the beach (and probably only momentarily at the reception) - in true addict style just having them would be enough for me LOL BTW - you guys have a gorgeous wedding photo!
Thanks! :blush: My sister was my photog. She has amazing talents.
I did get some white sparkly flipflops for the reception.

Lisa, I'd love to see how your handmade invites turn out if you do them! :)

Still planning....as soon as I have everything figured out I'll share:D

justleesa:
Was your wedding just you and your groom? or did you have guests? If you had a scuba wedding and had guests did you say your vows above and below so the non-diving guests could also witness?

In general, please tell me how it went. What was good? What did you like best? What you would do if you could do it again and what you wouldn't do?

Much mahalo for any help!

No personal experience (altho if I had it to do over again, I think that's the way I'd go - instead of the all out production we had)

One of my best friends was married on the beach in Hawaii, so I asked her. She doesn't have any digital pictures, but here's what she replied:

Traditional lei exchange, Hawaiian wedding prayer, is a must. Libby Tilson did our wedding, she was fabulous. She has a photographer that she works with regularly. Barefoot on the beach of course at Konakahou Harbor. I wore a ring of fresh flowers in my hair, a simple white sundress, and carried fresh tropical flowers. We brought champagne and plastic flutes for a toast on the beach at sunset. :)

They had both immediate families present, and then had a campy Hawaiian themed reception back here in Seattle for everyone at home. You don't have to worry about that part! *jealous* Their invites were done on the computer with a "watercolor" effect photo of the two of them walking on the beach as the background.

Oh, and they saw many turtles that day, which I guess is good luck?

Thanks Christine! things are looking more and more like a Vintage Diving Gear Wedding, so we'll be on the boat (or two, all depending how many people make the trip to Hawaii :wink:) byt the lei and such are good ideas.
I have a thread posted on vitage style dive suits,

http://www.scubaboard.com/t73902-looking-for-custom-suit.html

if anybody knows where we can get something like those...please give me a hollar!

(when were you coming to Hawaii Christine?)

justleesa:
(when were you coming to Hawaii Christine?)

May 21-28 of next year :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom