Low Cost-No Frills -Easy to Read

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My 10 year old Geo is giving me issues after 136 dives. I never really liked it as the buttons are more complicated than necessary. Time for something new. I’m AOW, Nitrox. My list of requirements:
1. Able to self change battery
2. Large display for those of us who need reading glasses.
3. Back lit.
4. Nitrox
5. Salt and Fresh water options
6. Not too conservative as we only dive Nitrox on second dives aNd don’t want too many alarms if we do something like Blue Hole or Gordo Banks type dives.
7. Wrist mount
8. 300 or less

I do t need WiFi or hook up to pc to view profile.

Any suggestions

Given that you’re familiar with the Geo, I would suggest the Aqua Lung i300, not c as you said no hook up to pc, which you can get on Amazon for $199.00. https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Lung-i750tc-Computer-Wrist/dp/B01DL0441Q (Sorry, I have no idea how to post a link and make it look slick) and the link does take you to the i300 even though it says i750tc. This only applies if by the “buttons are more complicated” you mean 4 buttons are too many, since the i300 only has 2. I use the i300 as a back-up to my Geo 2, and they are similar enough that I don’t have to think too hard going from one to the other. The only criteria that would be in question is large display. I have 1.75 reading lenses built into my mask and can read it fine, but If you require less reading strength you may be OK.

Hope this helps,

Erik

Hi @beth_castroll

The Geo2 is a nice computer, sorry yours is giving you problems. What issues do you have?

Your Geo2 runs DSAT and also PZ+, what algorithm do you use? DSAT is one of the more liberal deco algorithms

"6. Not too conservative as we only dive Nitrox on second dives and don’t want too many alarms if we do something like Blue Hole or Gordo Banks type dives."

I don't think it likely that you would find Mares or Cressi RGBM to your liking. PZ+ on Aqualung would also be more conservative than DSAT

Find a Used Oceanic Proplus 2 or 3. Love my 2, my wife loved my 2 so much I had to get her one. 5 years and still going strong. Great computers all around.

Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom