Main reason I stopped diving or entering water is skin eating bacteria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skin so soft is usually recommended as a repellent to sand fleas rather than mosquitoes, at least in my experience.

And only so much as one leaves a good greasy slick on themselves so as to drown the little beggars when they land.

Experiment and find out what works for you. There's another concoction out there that smells of lemon grass that works really well for noseeums. I can't stand the burning itch they give me, so I have to do something to keep them off of my ankles. Nothing puts me in a grump mood quicker than those little bastards.

Experiment and find out what works for you. There's another concoction out there that smells of lemon grass that works really well for noseeums. I can't stand the burning itch they give me, so I have to do something to keep them off of my ankles. Nothing puts me in a grump mood quicker than those little bastards.

What is it? Where do i get it please?

as far as beating a dead horse dude: what if that was you're mother

STB
I would discuss the issue, work out the realistic chance of a problem and carry on most likely.

Out of the hundreds and thousands of people who are in the water round Florida there does not appear to be a huge risk (apparently 700-1000 per year in the entire USA for necrotizing fasciitis) which can be substantially reduced by good wound care & common sense.

What is it? Where do i get it please?

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK-RtYoGCquu08zy6eE4rMyNtvlAZJ_a_YIDovPAZQ7gLD2N3gMcY&usqp=CAc.png

all (well mostly)good info.
I can deal w/ mosquitos the deet handles them that's if I don't rub it off so I'm constantly respraying.

it's those florida state birds and there associated skin breaking bites then the scarching. next cruise I mite be wearing the complete under the wet suit spandex body glove but am thinking they bite though spandex.

the good news I've been informed there are waterproof band aids I'll be checking into.

dam there's a whole industry of insect protection https://www.amazon.com/s?k=fly+repe...737553&tag=googhydr-20&ref=pd_sl_9j7mzs2mki_b

I could be reading for days about this crape.

of course I have the conventional bug spray to spray and kill, deet to spray on my skin, old fashioned gluei hanging fly stripes but need more for the bitters.

anyone here heard of tanglewood it's not marketed as a insect killer it's like a gluie substance
that the devils are attracted to it they land on it then there done.

dam just thinking of this crape gives me the itch. STB

Go to India and bring a few gallons of DDT back. India is still the largest producer of DDT and according to ncbi.nlm.nih.gov they produced 3092 Tons of DDT back in 2014, the last year that ncbi.nlm.nih.gov publishs info for.
A major use is in spraying interior walls of housing reducing insect infestation over many years. No idea what the long term effects on people living in treated housing is, but I assume that the incidence of maleria is much lower.

Donald's latest favorite for "Most favoured Nation Status" is also a major producer of DDT.

Michael

Go to India and bring a few gallons of DDT back. India is still the largest producer of DDT and according to ncbi.nlm.nih.gov they produced 3092 Tons of DDT back in 2014, the last year that ncbi.nlm.nih.gov publishs info for.
A major use is in spraying interior walls of housing reducing insect infestation over many years. No idea what the long term effects on people living in treated housing is, but I assume that the incidence of maleria is much lower.

Donald's latest favorite for "Most favoured Nation Status" is also a major producer of DDT.

Michael
DDT is banned in the US for a reason, not just because the government wants people to get bitten more often. There are plenty of other effective options that have already been mentioned along with keeping wounds clean. Necrotizing fasciitis is such a low risk anyways, I don't see the need to bring in chemicals that are banned and harmful to the environment just for a bit of paranoia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom