Make Good Money as a Scuba Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I really want to get back to the subject, but that just doesn't seem possible at the moment. I don't want to split this thread. So one last thing.. I'll get the last word ..on travel agents ..only fair don't you think? And if you want to start a whole new thread on travel agents, 'Who can sell travel and who can't' we can do that. But lets get back to Dave and his money making ways $$$$$$ OK?
The last word, on travel agents for THIS thread.
Buying travel from an uncertified travel agent is equal to buying scuba from an uncertified instructor. No difference. Sorry. It can be done, but you're really not protected are you?

I can't believe I'm going this far off topic (..and not addressing the great CD himself...), but:

Rstone,

How many civil lawsuits has your brother the DA worked on?
I know I'm only a full time cop, not a reserve with familiy ties, but I've only known DA's to work on criminal cases. :wink:

It is illegal for an instructor to organise two parts of a holiday( Diving & flights) in the UK, (for financial gain)as he is not a IATA travel agent.

Duca did you really need to ask that question?? As im sure your aware.. they teach more then just criminal law at law school.

As a professional travel agent working in family owned IATA travel agency (founded in 1970 !) I am really sad when I hear generalizations about travel agents ! I know that there are bad travel agents as there are bad diving instructors, bad salespeople and bad bartenders :)...But the vast majority of us are really knowledgeable professionals that care about quality, customer satisfaction and safety !
And CD..we travel a lot less than you imagine because we don't have the time to do so !! We send others to travel and we stay in front of a SABRE system (or other :) and between our paperwork...

Ok..now that i boost my ego again :) I am ready to get back to the original point of this thread :mean:

Manogr from still :sunny: Greece

Boy, am I ever glad I found this thread! This is better than Saturday morning cartoons.

A brief comment to those who maintain that the spelling and grammatical mistakes on posts are no big deal: IMHO, English is a reasonably precise language; use it well and you can easily get your point across and indeed even persuade people of the merits of your argument. Use it poorly and, at best, you will make no converts, and at worst, completely confuse everyone because you have said something you didn't mean to say. For example, there is a big difference between the words "there", "their" and "they're." Same goes for "to" and "too." If you don't know and use these differences you wind up either stringing together a lot of words which don't mean anything or appearing as if all those years in 5th grade didn't pay off.

Sometimes these mis-usages are simply the result of "fat fingers." Taking a few seconds to review what you've typed before hitting the "Submit Reply" button can be a big help.

As for CD's definition of a competitor, maybe I've lead a sheltered life: aren't there laws against sabotage, slander, etc? :confused:

Actually, I don't think I would consider those misspelled words. I would consider them misused words. I read somewhere that good or bad spelling is a genetic trait and doesn't necessarily reflect a persons intelligence. There are alot of people out there who are quite intelligent, but are not good spellers. However, poor use of grammar is quite another thing. It has probably been years since most of us have had a class in grammar and we hear the language being butchered and bastardized every day. It makes it easy to forget all the rules and regulations of speaking without constant review, so we should all be cut a little slack. . . Where's Joewr when you need him?.. I believe he's an English language authority. :wink:

But, of course, this is ENTIRELY off the track of this thread...(was that supposed to be a semicolon after the but, or just a comma?...I'm going with the comma).

:rolleyes:
Boy oh boy you guys sure do like to visit with each other and talk about saying nothing. Therefore you all get the walk the plank award especially abby as she wants to join the rest of you . First of all put on all your dive gear and make a proper giant stride and get off my boat.
You should all get back to the real subject. Making money as a scuba instructor for capitalist not communists. HA HA.
I have to say so long for a while I have to go on a week long hi end dive trip. This one I only will make $5000.00. So have fun while I am gone . I will look forward to any relevant ideas when I get back so keep to the thread or end it. How do you end a thread anyway?

You just quit posting. This thread started saying nothing somewhere around page 5 or 6. We'll miss ya Dave.

To get right to the point, I have to agree with Zagnut. I realize that I'm now opening myself up to the same criticism CD unknowingly opened himself up to, but it seems that this has turned into a public bashing forum. I can respect the opinions of each and every one of you if it is done to prove a point, or even make a point, but people are now trying to find fault with each and every post--incorrect spelling, hoo cares {sarcasm}. It seems that the indifferences that each of you have is based on your perception of the definition and PERSONAL beliefs. To argue efficiently, we have to agree on what we are arguing about first. If you don't want to try and make money as a dive instructor under CD's process, then don't. If you want to give it a try, go for it. If CD is making a fortune instructing, why don't we congratulate him and wish him well. Is CD going to recieve the thrashing he recieved here with every post he starts or responds to?
There, I said it. Now go ahead and bash me if you feel the need. :argue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom