Making a Shark Tooth Necklace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Fossilbabe, I looked at a few of your pictures and I have two questions. 1) Will a black tooth change colors the longer I keep it in vinegar or am I stuck with the color it came out as? I ask this because I found one small black tooth on my disasterious trip last week and would like to get one of the tan ones.

2) Is it possible you mixed up the labe of the Sand Tiger and the Hemi teeth on the pictures? I'm still learning the differences so I'm not entirly sure.

George.
I will have to go back at take a peek.

Hey Fossilbabe, I looked at a few of your pictures and I have two questions. 1) Will a black tooth change colors the longer I keep it in vinegar or am I stuck with the color it came out as? I ask this because I found one small black tooth on my disasterious trip last week and would like to get one of the tan ones.

2) Is it possible you mixed up the labe of the Sand Tiger and the Hemi teeth on the pictures? I'm still learning the differences so I'm not entirly sure.

George.
Shark teeth come in many colors. I have here orange,reds,blues,green,cremes,browns just about every color under the rainbow. Some can have different colors of roots that do make each tooth very special. I keep each shark tooth in different boxes,stations,displays . It depends on where it was found how it found ect. I have a coffee table of just bone valley teeth which are the most colorful. I have another table of just cheek teeth(baby megs) from one site on the peace river. The list is endless. I do try to keep a record of how many teeth were found that day and where. Colors ones are everyone favorite. So keeping track of them is a good thing. I will try to put more pictures up for everyone to see. Just need time to take more pictures. Feel free to contact me anytime and if you dont want to post it pm it to me. Its not a problem. Education is the key here.

Shark teeth come in many colors. I have here orange,reds,blues,green,cremes,browns just about every color under the rainbow. Some can have different colors of roots that do make each tooth very special. I keep each shark tooth in different boxes,stations,displays . It depends on where it was found how it found ect. I have a coffee table of just bone valley teeth which are the most colorful. I have another table of just cheek teeth(baby megs) from one site on the peace river. The list is endless. I do try to keep a record of how many teeth were found that day and where. Colors ones are everyone favorite. So keeping track of them is a good thing. I will try to put more pictures up for everyone to see. Just need time to take more pictures. Feel free to contact me anytime and if you dont want to post it pm it to me. Its not a problem. Education is the key here.
OK, now I'm just curious about visiting your house. Do you invite tours? Do you invite individuals to see the fossils?... (OK, by SB standards... I am now viewed as a freak trying to view your home....) :rofl3:

OK, now I'm just curious about visiting your house. Do you invite tours? Do you invite individuals to see the fossils?... (OK, by SB standards... I am now viewed as a freak trying to view your home....) :rofl3:
Check your PM

I will be at the birthday bash in Venice. Bring tools,tooth and wire I can show you or maybe another member might be able to help.

Thanks for the offer, your just a bit too far of a drive for me to make it. If you have a video camera you could make us a youtube instructional video.

Thanks for the offer, your just a bit too far of a drive for me to make it. If you have a video camera you could make us a youtube instructional video.
I used to have a picture-by-picture here, but I deleted it due to the fact I was running out of space on my SB photo gallery. I've been trying to find the pictography again, but I've been through three computers since then... Oops!

Fossilbabe:
Walter are we talking all megs here?

Naw, only about 50-60 of them, most are nothing to write home about, although I do have one that is absoultely perfect.

CoolTech:
You have more than 2,000 shark's teeth

True.

Just a tad (about 8%) over one shark's lifetime production.

one shark's lifetime production = 24,000
(about 8%) over = 2,000
24,000 + 2,000 = 26,000 (OK, so it's a few more than that, but I've been collecting a long time.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom