Malware on ScubaBoard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on here MANY times and suddenly I'm getting blocked by google due to security issues. The page is saying that there have been software on the site related to attacks. Bums me out because now I have to lower my security to get on here. What gives? TIA.

I got the same. It said something regarding scripts. With this and the alerts people have been getting from Avast, looks like something might have snuck into the code.

Me too, both at work and here at home, I get an attack alert when I try to get on SB. Google says malware has been identified today

Was there actually malicious content of some sort?
Just curious

Somebody been naughty on the business computer! :eyebrow:
Actually, the website it wanted to send you to has already been closed down for some time.

This should be all resolved now folks! Howarde and DallasMarlow worked together to resolve it completely. Google will be re-inspecting the site to verify that we removed the code from our servers. Until they are satisfied, the warning will still be displayed!
Uh, nope. Avast stopped warning me but Firefox really tries to block me from getting on even when I ask to Ignore. :idk:

Safari on the Macintosh gives me the warning, too. Every time I tried to open a page, I had to click to ignore the warning. It's the browser for me, not a 3'rd party antivirus program.

Richard.

so where do you go to download Avast definitions cause now I'm getting the same darn warning!

It seemed to have stopped for me

so where do you go to download Avast definitions cause now I'm getting the same darn warning!
Avast should auto update definitions unless you change those settings. Yesterday after this started, I checked and I think I remember a notice that the last auto update had failed. Rather than waiting for it to go again on its own, I manually update.

If you want to try to update yours, just open your Avast...
1: Go to Maintenance, tab on left
2: Make sure that you are on the Update section and click the top update button
3: You might also click the bottom Update button in case your program is not up to date. I get alerts on that, but I've seen people ignore those.

Click pic for illustration...

avast.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom