Malware on ScubaBoard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been requested to not make more threads about this issue, because the issue is supposedly fixed, but google need to re-verify the site before the warning goes away..

As of 6AM Eastern Time Oct. 16, 2011

Screeen 10-16.jpg

As of right now, I've not received any anti-virus warnings (I use Avira). However, for the past two days and continuing now, I'm noticing three oddities:

1. Load times are incredibly slow now, and oddly, a 2nd click on a link seems to speed up the process.

2. I'm now having my screen sometimes freeze up and my cursor become unusable (I can still move it around, but instead of the usual little arrow, I get a circle/slash and no functionality). Fortunately, this has self-resolved in less than a minute when it has happened, but it never happened before this past two days.

3. "Most recent posts" on someone's profile don't seem to have been updated since October 14.

Something odd still seems to be going on.

With respect to the warnings, I'm suddenly seeing them on a few other sites ... is this a new thing?

I noticed as well what seahorse as double click and freeze, only 78 members on line right now, probably should not log in for a while.

When I was on the site yesterday after clicking "next page" my computer rebooted and I haven't been able to boot up windows at all since. System restores will not work. I am running Windows 7.

Has anyone else had this happen?

As of right now, I've not received any anti-virus warnings (I use Avira). However, for the past two days and continuing now, I'm noticing three oddities:

1. Load times are incredibly slow now, and oddly, a 2nd click on a link seems to speed up the process.

2. I'm now having my screen sometimes freeze up and my cursor become unusable (I can still move it around, but instead of the usual little arrow, I get a circle/slash and no functionality). Fortunately, this has self-resolved in less than a minute when it has happened, but it never happened before this past two days.

3. "Most recent posts" on someone's profile don't seem to have been updated since October 14.

Something odd still seems to be going on.

As I stated in several other posts.

We are making changes to the database in an effort to improve page loads. During this time there may be a slowdown as we locate our weak points, and work to resolve them.

You may already notice that search speeds are faster... But at the same time, we've had to update our search index as well. Everything should be good with this process in the next day or two.

At the same time... Coincidentally, there was this thing where our code was compromised and people received the malware warning. The two incidents are UNRELATED but happened at the same time. The malware has NOTHING to do with the database tweaks. I assure you. If we weren't doing the tweaks, I would have to imagine that this malware thing would have happened anyway when it did. We have taken every step possible to ensure the compromised code has been removed. We are also adding enhanced monitoring to our site to ensure that this doesn't happen again.

With respect to the warnings, I'm suddenly seeing them on a few other sites ... is this a new thing?
A lot of vBulletin sites are affected.

Still getting the warnings. I have to run my security down a little.

When I was on the site yesterday after clicking "next page" my computer rebooted and I haven't been able to boot up windows at all since. System restores will not work. I am running Windows 7.

Has anyone else had this happen?
You had a computer die here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom