Malware on ScubaBoard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's still not fixed. I got hit with the web cam bait tag after going into the Zeagle forum.

I don't see it. Please PM me additional information.

Firefox has stopped giving me those warnings!
:D

You had a computer die here?

I seriously doubt the computer dies like that from scubaboard or any other form of malware unless you have seriously lacking security on your computer - which unfortunately many people do.

For instance, how many here is surfing the web from an administrator account?
Infact, I think Ill make a poll about that one..

Edit: Here we go http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/site-support/399540-how-security-minded-you-when-internet.html

I'm not sure if die is the right term. :idk:

I know very little about computers first off. I agree, it seems unlikely that malware would cause the issue. All I know is I was reading a thread Fri night and shut my laptop lid without logging off. Saturday morning I opened my lid and the thread was still there so I continued to read. When I clicked next page it had me log in again. I logged in fine then out of no where my computer does a restart. (I may have clicked next page again before the restart, I can't remember.) Once the computer restarts it will not load windows. It brings up the start up manager and says it needs to do a system restore. I tried to do a system restore with previous Windows updates and it would not allow me to restore saying there was some problem.

I'm not saying scubaboard is at fault. I was more looking for answers. I have Windows 7 and was running Microsoft Security Essentials & Malwarebytes (sp?), both of those I was using the free version. I have no idea what happened, but it happened between 7:30-8:30 CST on Saturday morning while I was reading threads on Scubaboard. That's all I really can say about it.

Jeni, can you run your scans? I used to see an issue on another site that would infect my Win-7 PC, getting by all of my on-guard security and none of them would find it in Safe Mode either. Only Malwarebytes in Safe Mode worked on it, to the embarrassment of Avast, Lavasoft, and Spybot S&D. Malwarebytes doesn't have on-guard protection tho, not in the free version; have to run the scan.

My experiences may not apply to yours. Good luck.

SiteCheckScubaBoard.gif
ScubaBoard Checks out CLEAN! Yay!

Great! Now the next question: how and why did this occur?

Great! Now the next question: how and why did this occur?

And what actually occurred?

By the way, "latest posts" on individual profiles is still only updated as recently as October 14, so something's still not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom