Marcus Luttrell - The Lone Survivor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Stevem

Yeah...a couple teens pulled up to his house and shot his service dog...for really no reason but to be stupid. I'm not sure they knew whos house it was...but they really are lucky to be alive.

IMO the book gets better as it goes along. His story just astonishes me.

One tough hero. Two of the punks in the dog killing weren't charged and the other two will get off too easy. I guess it was best that the cops got to them before he did, but sad that they are allowed to breath the same air as Luttrell.

I read this book and I highly recommend it.

My wife read it and couldn't put it down.
It was recommended to me by a friend that was pretty high up in the Agency.

I'm an engineer not an english major so I thought that the writing was fine :D - the story was certainly spell binding. It would make a captivating, action packed movie if done properly.

As with most good books the foundation is laid in the beginning third to half and the story really builds from there on. So if you are a reader that needs to be gripped on line 1, page 1 I can see how it could be slow going at first.

If you liked Lone Survivor, I would also suggest reading the following:

"Not a Good Day to Die", by Sean Naylor
"One Bullet Away", by Nathaniel Fick
"Black Hearts", by Jim Frederick
"Where Men Win Glory", by John Krakauer
"Ghost Wars", by Steve Coll.

I started to read the book but I wasn't able to finish it.
He tries to blame the Democratic party for his failure to make the right decision in a combat situation.
Don't take my word for it, buy the book and read it for yourself and draw your own conclusions.

I remember that BS about what those chumps did to his dogs. I want to read the book, but have heard that the writing is terrible over and over. Is is more grammar or just the writing style?

Just read the book. Marcus is a true American hero and his story needs to be told so people realize just what our servicemen sacrifice for our freedoms that many take for granted.

Just one of the many good stories that have come out covering our latest (last 10 years by my worn out bod) overseas endeavors. Many tales will be told in future about things that have gone down. Hopefully my retirement from this game will be one of them!

I'm glad I read the book when I did...makes the recent events and the people who carried them out much more real to me. Knowing just a little of what they had to go through just to be in that position....extremely humbling.

I've read it and I HIGHLY recommend it. I didn't take notice of the writing style, but like Rocketmahn, I'm an engineer, so it wouldn't have bothered me anyway.

If you follow him on FB, you'll learn that he's married now and his wife has just had a son. He named him Ax :acclaim: and says that he already has him doing pushups.

I'd be STOKED to meet him......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom