Mare Wave Fin - Full Foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking to update my travel full foot fins (generic plastic ones bought at a local sporting good store I think for snorkeling) and was going to purchase a pair but no one has them in stock in my size Euro 44 or US 11. So since I'm not going to get them any time soon can anyone give some feed back on their experience with the fins. Is the performance as good as the hype? Apparently a lot of folk went out to buy them.

Thanks, Jason.

I use the open heel version of the fin for scuba and they haven't given me any problems. They are easy to put on and to take off, and the foot pockets are very comfortable. While the fins struggle a bit against currents on the surface, underwater they produce lots of thrust with minimal effort. There are reports on the internet of the plastic parts in the blade cracking, but I'm sure if you take care of the fins this wouldn't be a problem. Overall I'm very happy with my fins, but if I have to replace them I would like to get something with a stiffer blade and all rubber construction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom