Mares Contact Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an Mars RGBM MC1 computer,
I have disliked it the first day I have used it.
The buttons are so hard to push your fingers are black and blue.
I have complained to the dive shop and they said all of them are that way.
Is it possible to send this directly to Mares and have it checked, I am tired of the run arounds. I have other computers and I know this cannot be normal.
Thanks hope I get an reply.
Dave

I have an Mars RGBM MC1 computer,
I have disliked it the first day I have used it.
The buttons are so hard to push your fingers are black and blue.
I have complained to the dive shop and they said all of them are that way.
Is it possible to send this directly to Mares and have it checked, I am tired of the run arounds. I have other computers and I know this cannot be normal.
Thanks hope I get an reply.
Dave

The buttons on the MC1 are hard to push - always was that way! It may not have been the best design - but the condition is constant on every one of them. I owned one and lived with it until I decided to sell it and buy a Nemo Wide (now that is a great computer).

Greg, Codman

Thanks for the supportive comments. Maybe JimLap thought he was in the "other company" forum, the one he lists that he is a Repair Tech for. :)

Jim, just kidding, but if we ever can help just let us know.

Regards,

Phil

No need to say "just kidding" to Jim - he is a major Mares basher - he has been doing that as long as I have been on SB. I think he is a former Dacor owner who missed the trade in program - so never misses a chance to badmouth Mares service or products.

I have to second Greg and Codman - I have never had anything but great service and response from Mares and the response from this forum has been great. I had a problem with a Nemo Wide, one of the 1st one's sold - and Phil took care of the problem in short order, sent me a replacement before I returned the problem unit (so I would not have to take a trip without a computor) and then even kept me informed as to what they found the cause of the problem to be. Well above what 99% of the company's out there will do (if you are lucky, they just send a replacement, after you send to old one in).

Bashing Mares service qualifies you for super :dork2: status!!!

Can you hear the audible alarms on your Nemo Wide when you have a hood on?
I have one and the alarm is not very lound at all. You can hear it without a hood, but not with one on. I would be interested to know if this is the same on all of them or just mine.

Nigel

I really can't tell you if they are audible or not, since I have them turned off. I hate hearing anything underwater other than bubbles.

Sorry I can't help.

Hi guys

Ok I am not looking to start anything but is there a reason why you guys are so negative/rude towards mares and the guys here?
This is the opinion I am feeling reading the posts here. (Except Codman, TN and Greg).

Phil and Zac dont have to be here, they dont have to help us yet they take time out to do so. They have helped many people on the mares board and gone out of their way to give information as well as help people get their gear fixed.

Ive kinda noticed lately a few people being, what I think is rude when their answer isnt given right away. These guys have jobs too and a life. They do their best to help us.

Ok this is just my opinion and observation. I am not looking to start anything or a flame war. This is just what I have been observing lately.
Maybe im being over sensitive, or haven't slept for three days because of fire calls or just a girl but thats what is my observation.

And Nigel mate if you didn't want to wash your linen in public, you could have simply sent a private message to the boys and I have no doubt they would have got back to you as soon as possible. They boys are always here to help us and I have never seen them not take time out to help someone on the board if they ask for it.

Tracy,

Thanks for the comments. There is no hidden agenda here, we want people to be happy with Mares products and this is just one way of offering support and a direct line. I also find it useful to clear up miscommunications as there always seems to be many going around.

At times we answer at once, but as Tracy states we do travel often for business and have families so when you do not see a quick response it is simply because we are not on line, but we will get to everyone in short time.

Phil

I was hoping someone here could tell me how to contact mares usa via email? I have been searching for a while now and cannot find an email contact for their company, only contact info for their dealers is listed on their website. I didn't see any "contact us" link anywhere (unless I missed it).

The reason I need to contact them is to find out if they have rec'd a mask I sent back to them because from the first time we used it, a week after purchase, it leaked (around the seal for the purge, even when just floating in water). I have their 800 phone number, but it is difficult for me to make calls during their PST hours of operation and email is so much better (I can send it tonight and they can read it when they have time).

The store in So. Cal where I purchased the snorkel gear gave me the RA number and told me since it's been in water, to send it back to mares myself (or I could drive 30 min to their store and they would do it). Then mares would mail the new mask to them and they would then mail it to me. The store said mares could not send the new mask directly to me.

I returned it (FedEx) about a month ago and emailed the scuba store mgr a couple days ago about it. He said he has not rec'd it yet and to contact mares.

So...would anyone know the email for their service center in Baltimore?

Thank you!

Vicki

ps - we bought 5 masks; 4 of them mares and only had problems with one. I LOVED the masks, and except for the one that leaked, they worked awesome. Much more roomy around the eyes than others we tried.

Hi Vicki,

Sorry about the problem with the mask, do you have the RA number and tracking number for shipping? If so let me know and I can check, or you can call customer service at 800 874 3236 (on the website locater under distributors, not dealers).

Regards,

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom