Mares Icon HD upgrade...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

did the air intergration model come out yet?

Any idea when the Air Integration upgrade is coming out? I bought this from my LDS at Christmas and was told by the shop that the Air Integration was due out in Spring. I was even shown the email from the Mares Rep that stated End of March.

Now I see some sites saying Spring 2010 and the mares site says Autumn 2010? Whats the deal?

Its still being tested. Since they updated their site to autumn I would assume that it is going to be around september. Im sure there were some bugs to work out and they needed to do more testing so there was no issues when we do the upgrade. I would rather everything be fixed and be sold at a later date than have to send it off a bunch to get it fixed. So that said I would expect it later this year and NOT in spring. So then if it gets released sooner you will be exited rather than crabby. :popcorn:

Hello,

I recently purchased a Mares Icon HD wrist dive computer from Leisure Pro. When the Air Integration upgraded Mares Icon HD is released how do I go about redeeming mine for the new version? Must I send the Mares Icon back to Leisure Pro or go to any authorized dealer? (I noticed any authorized dealer would work in earlier thread but wanted to confirm).

Also, I understand that I will have to pay the difference between the current Mares Icon HD and the upgraded version. Do you know what this cost will be? How is this cost calculated? Is it based on the current MSRP of the Mares Icon, the MSRP as of the date when the upgraded version is released, or the amount that was paid when the Mares Icon was originally purchased?

I solely own a Macintosh computer. Do you plan to release desktop software for the Mac OSX platform? Lastly, do you have an approximate date of when the air integrated computer is planned to be released?

I appreciate your help and am truly excited to use the Air Integrated Mares Icon HD.

Kindest regards,
SF Diver

Hi,
Im new to diving and this forum. Took my PADI OW in October last year and currently doing my AOW (in the UK). So far my kit list is small. Fins, Mask, Semi Dry. Im looking to buy either a dive computer or Regs. So far my choice is swaying towards a computer, the Mares Icon HD. I have read a few really good reviews for this computer but I would like to know from actual owners about what they are like. Are they are good as the magazines and review make them out to be? My other choice would be the Helo2.
I don't have any technical experience but I feel that I will follow this path at some point, so I want to future proof my choice of computers.

Mark.

Hi Mares,

I just purchased my Mares Icon HD and it looks great. I only have a Macbook Pro (2008, OSX 10.2.6) and am curious if you plan to release a Dive organizer compatible with Mac? If not, is there some way that I can download dive data to a PC through Dive Organizer, then transfer the information onto my Mac and my main dive log book? I appreciate the help and look forward to the air integrated upgrade?

Cheers,
MT

Hi

Any news about the expected release date of the gas integrated Mares Icon HD and what the MRSP / "List Price" for the upgrade will be ?

Regards,

Jakob

Greetings,

I just purchased the Icon HD from my local dealer. It was his display model, which is fine but I'm not sure he kept track of everything that was in the box. Can some one comfirm what should be in the retail box?

I received:
Icon HD computer
Disk with user manual (user manual only had one page!)
Disk with beta dive organizer program
3 different country power adapters
Power adapter with two usb ports
1 usb cable
1 mares wrist band slip cover(?)
Quick start guide
User Guide
Soft case for storing the computer

No warrenty card
No software installation instructions
Is there suppose to be a protective plastic cover for the computer?

Thanks, -B

bsieloff, When I purchased my Icon HD I received the same items that you did.

Also, the Owner of my LDS called me on Monday after speaking to their Mares Rep and told me that the Air Upgrade is expected to be released Sept 1. Can anyone else confirm this date?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom