Mares Icon HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Guys, thanks for the helpful hints. I have tried 6 separate PCs and 3 flavors of Windows (XP, Vista and 7) and come to the conclusion that this is a hardware issue. None of the PCs recognize the Icon HD as a new device, regardless of the driver. The Icon HD charges via the PC's USB port, but there is no USB data activity at all. I have manually installed the Mares COM driver and now the Dive software on the PC complains that there's nothing on COM5. I have changed the COM port with not effect. This is definitely not a software or driver issue - guess I just got a dud unit. BTW, the AC brick that came with the unit was also nonfunctional but Mares swapped out for a replacement brick and that worked to get the unit charging off AC.

Can't wait to get this unit connected to my PC for dive log and image transfers!

GadgeTT, Have you taken some time and surfed the Mares PC / Dive Computer assistance website? I think you will either find your answer here Software Mares Support or you can post your question. I just read about an issue with Windows 7 and Drak interface. They posted a step by step solution IRIS and DRAK does not work on Windows 7 . I hope this helps. Let me know if your issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

Hi Zak,

Thanks for the pointer - yes, I have browsed every resource I could find at Mares. By the way, the site is http://software.mares.com and the Icon HD is not included in their software support web site- it merely points to an e-mail address. I have exchanged several mails with Mares Icon HD tech support and none of them seem to realize that this is a hardware issue as they keep telling me to manually install the USB driver. The problem is that the device is not detected by Windows so no driver will work if the device isn't even seen by Windows.

I'm fully aware that this is a new product and that there are still bugs and user interface issues to be ironed out. I'm OK with that. The hardware, on the other hand, should be fully baked before release. If mine isn't defective, then there's something else going wrong here.

BTW, I'm a User Interface Designer by trade, and hope that many of my UI suggestions that have been shared with Mares will be implemented as they can definitely make this awesome product even better!

In case you guys wonder what we are doing with the Icon HD ...... we are converting our 3D maps of real dive sites for the Icon :wink:
eDiving_Maps_4_Icon.jpg

AM

Very cool, indeed! Please keep us informed as I'll be in the first line to get some. There's another company with Icon-ready maps, but they have a small glitch in their online ordering system whereby a hefty shipping fee is added for online purchases of digital maps. I'm sure they'll fix that issue soon, but it will still be great to have more support for this cool feature of the Icon HD.

Very cool, indeed! Please keep us informed as I'll be in the first line to get some. .....

Sure, will do it.

...... There's another company with Icon-ready maps, but they have a small glitch in their online ordering system whereby a hefty shipping fee is added for online purchases of digital maps. .....

Charging for a 320x200 jpg?
Our maps (and we have tons of them) will be almost free (just find some Bubble Credits) to our virtual divers :D

AM (aka eDiver)

Met with the National Sales Manager for Mares today and he swapped out my Icon HD for a replacement model. The new one has firmware that's about 4 months newer (has new features that mine didn't have), and it connected right away to the PC unlike the other one. Kudos to Mares and Steve (the sales manager)! Now I just need to do more diving and get some photos and maps transferred over ;-)

I've got a first shipment ICON HD and the screen is a bit different than the manual shows. Are there any updates available? I've looked around and can't find anything useful.

sorry I am new in this forum and I did not found the rlevant section so you maybe can support me...

I have a question on icon HD and actually searsching on web I did not ind reply...
how is battery performace on this HD?
how many dives before charging?
how fast they recharge?

Indeed I appreciate...

hello gadgeTT

I have the same problem than you
I have receive for christmas a very nice mares icon hd but it s impossible to connect it on my computer
I have install the software MARES DIVE ORGANIZER beta version, and also, it cannot connect my mares icon.
I m very sad because I go to thailand the 12 th of january.
Do you have a suggestion for me ?

Sorry for my poor english but i m french
Best regards
Louis

i have find it on the cd call MARES DIVE ORGANIZER BETA VERSION
there is a driver, i have tell to windows seven tu use this driver
after, I have download the new version 1.11enc on mares website and upgrade my icon hd with this new bios

....... my computer is in french now
i m very happy

Back
Top Bottom