Mares Icon HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all, here is an update. We now have a few free map downloads from various dive sites around the world, including N. America see this http://www.mares.com/download_maps.php?region=USA We will continue to offer new maps on a day to day basis, so feel free to check back now and again. In addition to these free maps, you can visit our map making partner http://arttomedia.com/site/Products.aspx?catid=2&subcatid=36 for a broader selection to be downloaded for a nominal fee. I hope you get a chance to play with this new feature in diving computers.

Best regards,

That's great news! I just wish Art2Media had informed me of their partnership as I just purchased several of those Florida maps from them... for a nominal fee.

Oh well.

BTW, to the guy asking about Mac compatibility - just install a virtualized Windows OS (Parallels, etc.) or run Boot Camp (dual boot). I do the latter and have no trouble at all. While not as good as pure Mac compatibility, it does allow us "Light Side" computer users to have full Icon HD compatibility on our Macs.

-Scott

Guys,

I still couldn't connect my Icon HD to my Windows 7 after installing the s/w from the support website... I couldn't find the com port in my notebook (I wonder if they still have com port nowadays)

Anyone has same experience? If you can connect it to your Win7, please help

Thank you

LL

OK ... thanks to Marco from Mares Italy I was able to solve the problem ....

The "Dive Organizer" software that comes with the Icon HD is still in beta .... so it needs some help :D
You need to manually install the USB driver for the Icon.
To do so, first locate the file usbser-mares.inf (in my case it was in the default directory C:\Program Files\Mares\DiveOrganizer\Drivers .... then MANUALLY ADD A NEW HARDWARE to your machine .... when prompted for a driver, point the OS to the file above .....

In case you guys wonder what we are doing with the Icon HD ...... we are converting our 3D maps of real dive sites for the Icon :wink:
eDiving_Maps_4_Icon.jpg

AM

Hi there,

Are you using Windows 7? I still cannot solve it following your steps :-(

Anyone using have same problem? Please help!!

Thank you

Lawrence

Does anyone on here know if it has CNS tracking (o2 tracking)? I sopose that it wont until air integration is available.. This is a decision maker between this and the sol.

I am having simmilar problems with it connecting. I have loaded the driver, tried connecting the unit to the usb after the connection to the ICON HD is in place... When I launch the program I get an error The port COM4 does not exist... Anyone had this problem and can offer some help would be great.

Thanks Richard

I am going to wait for the air intergration unit to come out and also when every one of these problems with the computer is solved. This has been an experience. I am glad I waited.:vintagediver:

Hi all,

We have updated the download organizer located at Mares - just add water by downloading this new organizer, it will update the old, and interface between pc and Icon should be automatic.

Yes the Icon will give you CNS levels

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom