Mares Volo Or Apollo's ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

personally i love the volo race for warm water diving. no booties and less weight make for light packing. however, what ever you get i would not spend that kind of cash on fins.
now to the common comparison wetman was making about having to use twice the number of leg strokes to cover the same distance/speed. this is absolutely true. however, what is not true is that this is a bad thing. it's like in cycling. at any given speed a higher cadence consumes less energy than moving at the same speed in a higher -read harder- gear at fewer rpm's. in other words, yes you do kick more often to go the same distance (and, by the way, your kicks are shorter) but you are more energy efficient than with fewer, harder kicks. more energy efficient translates into lower oxygen consumption.

ROFLMAO

Wetman bubbled: The key question that remains is - what color hose wrap does one lean towards if you wear volos for too long?

The color is PINK! LOL

You aught to know, you bought it Steve.
Just to show you I'm comfortable with my femine side, I mounted the pink hose wrap permanently on my teaching gear, to proudly display it for all my students to see.

So tell me did they believe you in the dive shop when you said "It was for a friend"? HA Ha ha ..............

Pretty in Pink

Mike D

Wetman Bubbled: I'm not in a position here where I need to cling to my youth ....

Well I am, I've already got a separated shoulder, and an artificial knee. Cripes parts are breaking down and falling apart faster than I can have em fixed.

Nice shot pickin on a gimp.
( still ROFLMAO)

Mike D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom